Chapter 19

The present: The wedding venue

Maahi had an odd feeling that this wedding was more momentous than she knew. She felt like a lot of people were rooting for this couple. As though there was a story a lot of people knew but she didn't.

So, when she photographed this wedding, she felt like the universe that knew Vikramaditya and Kajal's story, was reveling in this milestone in their relationship. She felt like when she looked through the lens and saw Kajal walk under the phoolon ki chaadar towards Vikramaditya, in her incredibly elegant emerald green lehenga, looking like a lyricist's muse, the universe saw her and sighed. When Maahi captured the otherwise self-assured Vikramaditya's sudden expression that said he was delightfully lost as he saw his bride again for the first time, she could sense the universe smile a secret smile.

Much like their story, Maahi could somehow make out that the little things were what stood out. She could see the magic in how Naina swiped Vikramaditya's shoes under his nose as Kajal distracted him with a kiss on his cheek. She laughed alongside the universe as she clicked a picture of Naina finally reveal that the shoes were on her feet the whole time. She smiled a smile not knowing why it felt so right when suddenly someone played 'Tu bin bataye' on the speakers as she watched them constantly look at each other as they took their saath pheras.

This was a wedding conspired by the universe that knew Kajal and Vikramaditya and knew how they met, separated and got back together again. When they exchanged varmalas, it was almost like Maahi could hear the universe cheering loudly. So, she cheered right alongside them.

Author's Note: Happy Kajal Vik wedding! <3