THIRTEEN. finally free

TODAY WAS the day that Seaford High would be holding their Date Auction in order to save up money for the band to get new instruments

One by one each of the students would walk up and someone would bid a certain amount of money in order to win that date. The highest bidder would win.

Simple enough.

"And that brings us to Layla Beasley." Milton smiled into the microphone, "The most popular and probably most beautiful girl in California and possibly the world. This is want you saved your lunch money for, people."

The group of students applauded the girl as she stepped out from behind the red curtain.

"Do I hear 50?" Milton asked.

"Yes, you do! You do! You really do!" Albert smiled.

"Albert, President of the Mathletes with the first bid. Do I hear 60?" Milton smiled, "Nicolas, captain of the football team. Do I hear 70?"

"70." Albert repeated.

The bid on Layla went back and forth until Albert raised his sign and bid 200 dollars on the girl.

"Going once, going twice... Sold for a record breaking 200 dollars to Albert."

And after a few more bids on different people, the Date Auction finally drew to a close and Layla would be waiting outside the Bobby Wasabi dojo for Albert to show up.

"I know it's for a good cause, but are you seriously going to go out with Albert?" Kim asked.

"Yeah." Layla smiled, "He's a nice guy and it's just one date."

"Here's a little trick if you want the date with the nerd to end early." Milton spoke, "You lean in, blow in his ear. He'll faint. You run."

Milton and Kim began going back and forth on how stupid and/or genius it was and left Jack and Layla alone.

"Uh, hey, Layla?" Jack called, "Uh, you're not gonna have to go on the date with Albert."

Layla furrowed her brows, "Why not?"