Prologue

Aarushi had the world's best people as her friends. Madhav-aka Maddy- was strict when he wanted to be but also the kindest and most caring person. Aarushi loved Madhav, who always looked out for her and supported her. He made her smile on the worst of days. Not to mention his girlfriend Meera who is the sweetest person on EARTH. Together, Maddy and Meera were like godparents to Aarushi.

Next came Abhinav-aka Abhi. Aarushi had always been a little in love with Abhinav. Now that she looked back, she could tell she fell in love years ago, but her feelings never dwindled over the years. And Abhi, to her, was like an alien from another planet. He was funny, charming and witty. Such a sweet talker! He was empathetic and kind more than anything, with just the right amount of mischievousness. Moreover, he always accepted her for who she was and never judged her. This was one of the first things that made her fall for him. He had the ability to cheer her up and bring a smile to her face(just like Maddy). Of course, he had a few flaws like being possessive, and overprotective and he was always distracted easily. But he is human too and Aarushi found his flaws rather endearing.

Just as much as Aarushi knew she was in love, she also knew that Abhi never looked at her as anything more than a best friend. Her only solace during days when she felt down was Madhav. Maddy was a year older than Abhi and Aarushi, but they did attend classes together on most days. On days when he wasn't in class, Abhi and Aarushi usually mingled with the rest of the class. Abhi had had a few girlfriends in the past, but nothing serious. Nevertheless, those were the roughest times of Aarushi's life. With no one to understand her plight, Aarushi always locked herself up to be alone and Madhav had no idea how to bring her back to her usual chirpy self. And Abhi? All his spare time was spent with his girlfriend, so he never noticed what was wrong with Aarushi. After Abhi's break up though, Aarushi realized she needed to be there for him and not hide away. So their friendship patched itself up and everything was back to normal for a few years.

Until one day...

***

So this is the premise of the story. I am not writing a long story, just a short one that involves realization and love.

Hope you guys enjoy it!