Chapter 3

The weekend had arrived, and all this week Aaru hardly spent time with or talked to Abhinav.

Abhinav and Kavya spent most of their time together, and even though they invited Aaru, she declined. She always felt awkward as if she was intruding, not to mention that she wanted to burst into tears every time Abhi flirted with Kavya. She wished for once, his charming smile would be for her and her alone. But, she was left alone to watch from the sidelines.

Anya was the best thing that happened to her that week, they spent so much time together that she couldn't go without seeing her even for a day.

It was Saturday morning and Aaru had plans to go out with Anya, Madhav and his girlfriend Meera.

Yes, she had introduced Maddy to Anya and they had become a group since then.

Aaru, Maddy and Anya waited at the end of the street for Meera to join.

Abhi, who was walking home from the supermarket found them standing together.

"Hey guys", he grinned.

"Hi", Aaru replied.

"Hey man", Maddy greeted fist bumping.

"Where are you guys headed?", Abhi asks confused.

"Oh we are going to the amusement park.", Maddy informs.

"And you didn't call me?", Abhi grins with a fake affronted look.

Madhav gives him a look, "We assumed you would be with Kavya. As always."

"What? I'm not always with her. Right Aaru?", Abhi looks at her, his smile immediately widening.

She looked pretty in a pink skirt and white top, her hair flowing down to her waist. She wasn't just pretty, she was beautiful, he thought. His eyes widened at his sudden thoughts and he shook his head.

"I don't know Abhi. You tell me. You have cancelled plans with me twice this week.", Aaru says looking into his eyes. Abhi looked at her shocked, the hurt and sadness he found there overwhelmed him. The hurt part he could understand, but why was she sad? She cannot be sad! It was his Aaru, who he had known from when he was a baby. She was always happy, why was she sad now?

Abhi pulls Aaru away from the group before asking, "Why are you sad?"

Aaru stares at him shocked he could still read her like an open book. Open book, yeah right she snorts in her head. How has he never found out you have been in love with him, her brain asked. She stopped her flow of thoughts before responding, "Nothing Abhi, I'm just tired."

"Is it because of me? Did I make you sad?", Abhi whispers pulling her close.

It was moments like this that confused Aaru. Does he actually like me or not? His behaviour was confusing, to say the least. It was also why, she always fell in love with him a little more, every damn time.

"No, Abhi you didn't make me sad.", Aaru says looking away.

"Look into my eyes and tell me that", Abhi warns glaring at her.

This boy is going to be the death of me, she thought before looking at him, "No Abhi. You didn't make me sad. Ok?", Aaru asks.

Abhi nods smiling before hugging her, "Can you guys wait for like five minutes? I'll get ready quickly. Promise."

Aaru stares at him, before nodding, "Yeah ok."

"Great, thanks", Abhi says kissing her on the cheek before rushing home to get changed.

Aaru walks back stunned to Maddy, Anya and Meera who had just arrived.

"And this is why you can't say no to him right?", Anya asks sighing.