Chapter 5

The next day at  Soumya ma'am's house, all the students waited for her to walk into class.

A few minutes later, she walks in grinning happily.

The students look confused as Aaru asks her, "Ma'am what's wrong?"

"I'm smiling, why would you think something is wrong?", The teacher asks confused.

Aaru shrugs, "I don't know- oh my god", she stares in shock at the tall, brown-haired boy who just walked in.

"Soham?", Aaru asks shocked.

"Soham", she yells happily running to the front of the class and throwing her arms around him.

The guy hugs her back tightly spinning her around and laughing, "Ru ru".

Aaru smiles at his nickname, as she pulls back.

"You're back?", she asks surprised.

He nods, "Transferring back."

Soumya ma'am clears her throat, "I see you guys know each other. For those who don't this is my son, Soham. He doesn't stay with me, which would explain why you don't see him often."

"Who was also my classmate a few years ago", Aaru adds.

"Who the hell is he? How is she so close to him?", Abhi mumbles to Maddy.

Anya grins from next to Maddy, "Your competition."

Maddy snickers, while Abhi glares at Anya. Kavya turns away and blocks out the conversation as she understands Abhi's jealous tone.

Aaru comes back to her place between Abhi and Maddy grinning happily.

Soham follows her smiling, "Ru ru, won't you introduce us?"

Aaru rolls her eyes, "Guys meet, Soham. Soham, guys.

Soham huffs, "I am guessing you are Maddy and Abhinav?", Soham asks pointing at the boys.

Abhi raises his eyebrows, "You know us?"

Soham nods, "Aaru has told me a lot about you guys."

Abhi nods giving Aaru a look, Aaru diverts her eyes from him.

Abhi looks shocked seeing Aaru ignore him. He needs to do something, but he has no idea what.

"Oh by the way, since Diwali is coming up we have a celebration here. My mum told me to invite you guys.", Soham says.

Aaru nods smiling, thinking it will be a good distraction. The others voice their agreement, making Soham grin.

"Okay then, see you this weekend.", He says before kissing Aaru on the cheek, winking at her and walking away.

Aaru sits shocked, while Abhi looks down fisting his hands. Why do I feel like this, he wonders.

"You'll realise soon", Maddy responds immediately as if he could read his mind, before uncurling his first.

After class, Abhi walks up to Aaru and he hesitates.

"Yes Abhi?", Aaru asks smiling slightly at his face which was slightly pouty.

"Park? Now?", Abhi asks hesitantly.

Aaru sighs, thinking she should reject the offer.

"I think you are busy", Aaru says pointing behind.

Kavya walks up behind him smiling and lacing their hands together.

Aaru looks away, not able to see the scene.