Chapter 2

Aaru walks into her house and directly goes to her room, flinging her bag onto the chair before throwing herself on the bed.

Her mom and dad exchange glances before her dad walks into her room and shuts the door behind her.

"Kutty, what happened?", her dad asks using the nickname he always used to call her.

Aaru looks up and shakes her head, "Nothing appa, just tired."

Her father sits beside her and Aaru moves to put her head on his lap.

Her father strokes her hair, as he asks, "How was tuition?"

"It was okay", came Aaru's short reply.

"And Madhav?", Her dad asks.

Aaru smiled, "He's always the best", making her dad laugh.

"And Abhi?", He asks quietly.

Aaru shakes her head, not willing to talk about it.

Her dad understands and doesn't say anything further.

"Ok go freshen up, let's have dinner. Hmm?", Her father says.

Aaru nods, gets up and goes to the restroom.

She splashes water on her face, before looking at herself in the mirror. She looked okay, except for her red-rimmed eyes which gives away the fact that she had been crying.

She sighs, before walking out.

"Can I eat in my room, please?", Aarushi asks tiredly.

Her mother nods before handing her a plate.

Aarushi walks into her room before shutting the door. She places the plate on her bedside table before taking out her homework to distract herself.

A few minutes later, her door opens and Maddy walks in. He notices the untouched plate of food next to her and sighs. He takes the plate before scooping up a spoonful of rice and putting it under Aaru's mouth.

"Eat", Madhav orders.

Aarushi sighs but obediently opens her mouth and swallows.

After she finishes eating, Madhav closes her study books before making her lie on the bed and covering her with a blanket.

"I have stuff to do, I can't sleep yet.", Aaru says trying to get up.

"Sleep for today. Tomorrow, we'll take care of it. I'll talk to Soumya ma'am", Maddy says.

Aaru nods hesitantly, before lying back down.

"I love you", she says.

Madhav smiles, "I love you too. Now close your eyes."

Aaru nods before closing her eyes, as sleep overtook her slowly.

The next afternoon, Aaru returns from school in a better mood.

She greets her parents, before walking inside her room to get ready for tuition.

"Amma, I'm hungry", she shouts as she walks back out with her bag slung over her shoulder.

Her mom hurries from the kitchen before giving her a plate of sandwiches. Aaru grabs one, before kissing her mom on the cheeks and rushing out.

Her mom smiles, happy seeing that she's in a better mood.

As Aaru walks to the next street(where the tuition is held), she gets a message.

She opens it when she sees Maddy's name flash on the screen. I have to face him alone, again. Aaru thought with a sinking feeling. Maddy had messaged her that he won't be attending today's class.