Chapter 8

Abhi gets ready and sits on his bed, having last-minute nerves. He startles when he receives a call from Maddy.

"Hey", Abhi says.

"Bro, where the hell are you? Soham and Aaru are dancing here, together. Is anything going inside your thick head or what? Also what the hell was that with Kavya yesterday? That too in the park? You know that's Aaru's favourite place.", Maddy yells at him.

"No there is nothing going on with Kavya. And I know I fucking shouldn't have taken her to the park to talk. Fuck man.", Abhi groans.

"Yeah, no shit.", Maddy deadpans.

"Do they... Do they seem happy?", Abhi asks quietly.

"Yes, I think so. Aaru is laughing and she seems to be having fun", Maddy tells him truthfully.

"Then maybe I shouldn't tell her. I'll spoil her mood, won't I?", Abhi asks closing his eyes desperately.

"Abhi don't miss the chance man, otherwise it will be too late.", Maddy sighs.

"Ok fine. Bye.", Abhi says cutting the call.

"What did he say?", Meera shouts to Maddy over the music.

"Ok, fine bye. I mean seriously. Why are they complicating it so much?", Maddy says annoyed.

"You almost didn't confess to me either, remember? You thought I was dating Rohan. Who is my cousin by the way.", Meera says.

"But that-", Maddy starts.

"Everyone is afraid of rejection. You can't do anything but face it. Oh wow, he's here.", Meera suddenly says.

Maddy turns to see Abhi entering the party, "Thank god."

The music stops, as people walk to the refreshments table for a break. Aaru and Anya laugh as they converse excitedly. Soham had offered to go get them some drinks.

Abhi looks around spotting Aaru almost immediately. She looked beautiful was the first thought that came to his mind and brought a smile to his face. The second he noticed her, she did too.

He looked handsome even in a simple black kurta and jeans, she thought as both of them looked at each other. Aaru, you're supposed to hate him, her brain reminds her making her put on her poker face.

Abhi finally feels like his legs could move and he walks towards Aaru. Kavya interrupts him in between, asking him to dance.

Abhi all but ignores her and continues walking to Aaru.

"So, will you dance with me?", Abhi asks looking at her cold and distant expression as a slow song starts playing.

Aaru wanted to reject the offer, but she agrees when he requests her. You could never really say no to his puppy eyes, her heart reminds her.

Abhi's hands go to her waist pulling her closer, making her gasp in surprise. She places her hands on his shoulder as they slowly start moving.

"Aaru I-I'm sorry for what you saw yesterday.", Abhi hesitates.

Aaru gives a sharp laugh, "Why are you apologizing to me, Abhinav? It seemed you guys had more need for that space instead of me. Not a problem."

Abhi's eyes widen, "No no, nothing like that. Kavya and I have nothing going on. She was the one who-"

Aaru cuts him off, "See Abhinav, it isn't really my business. I don't mind now. You can say I'm used to not spending time with you nowadays."

"What is wrong Aaru? You were fine with me yesterday.", Abhi asks as he pulls her away from the dance floor to a secluded area.