Chapter 7

Upon reaching the park, Abhi sits on the swing and Kavya sits on the swing next to him.

When he turns to look at her, he feels wrong. As if Kavya was trying to take Aaru's place, and no one could take her place. Not before, not now. On the swing or in his heart, he still didn't know.

"Kavya, I was friendly to you and I guess I liked talking to you. But, no I don't have any feelings for you whatsoever. So, don't keep showing up everywhere. It's uncomfortable. I already told you this, if you would just listen.", Abhi says looking away from her.

"W-what? So you love Aarushi now? That girl? Didn't you friend-zone her already? How could you say this to me?", Kavya asks outraged.

"Do what to you? I never talked to you about my feelings explicitly. Do me a favour and stop blaming me or Aaru for that matter.", Abhi gets up walking away from the swing.

Kavya pulls him to her, hugging him forcefully.

"I like you, I like you a lot", she sobs.

"Stop it. Get away from me.", Abhi says trying to push her away.

His hands fall limp to his side in shock, when he sees Aaru staring at him and Kavya as if her world had crashed down on her. Aaru turns around running from there, as tears blur her eyes.

Abhi pushes Kavya making her fall on the ground.

"Don't you dare try something like that again.", he glares at her before running behind Aaru.

He reaches her house too late, making him yell out in frustration. He walks back home, before aggressively ringing the doorbell.

"I'm opening the door Abhi, patience.", his mother says.

"Amma, I messed up.", Abhi declares sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands.

"What happened?", she asks worriedly sitting beside him.

Abhi told his mother what happened in the park, his voice thick with worry and regret.

"I shouldn't have let that girl near me.", he mumbles.

"What's done is done. Go talk to her tomorrow and tell her how you feel. How you really feel.", his mother advises.

Abhi nods before walking to his room and shutting the door.

The next day, Abhi wakes up and rolls over to see his clock. It was 1 in the afternoon.

He jumps awake, before rushing out, "Amma, why didn't you wake me up? It's literally afternoon."

His mother shakes her head, "You have the party at Soham's house today evening right? There's still plenty of time left. It's at 6. Soumya ma'am told me to remind you."

Abhi sighs and nods, "Ok ma. Don't look at me like that, I won't mess it up."

Aaru finishes getting dressed and looks at herself in the mirror. She wore a purple lehenga, with a golden blouse, and a designer dupatta. 

She smiles at herself before, wearing the jhumkas that Abhi gifted to her. Wait what, she stops staring at the earrings in her hand, contemplating whether she should wear them or not.

A sudden anger overcomes her making her throw the jhumkas on her bed. No way, I'm wearing it she thought furiously. I'm moving on from him.

Aaru, you saw him hugging another girl. How can you even think of wearing his jhumkas, her brain scolded her. Damn right, she thought before, slipping on another pair of earrings.