Voiceless Defiance |Chapter 15|

|》Time and date《| 5:34am. February 16th, 1991, Location: Milton Keynes.

Adrienne looked at James, "James Lecekade, what's our situation?". Her eyes furrowed at him, the male who was going through some notes in a notebook looked up at her, "We're here for resources,  anything that can prove useful,  like weaponry or something else.  If Channing knew what was happening here,  maybe if the bastard knew what was coming to him, this country wouldn't be so fucking hell bent.". His tone of pure anger and envy, he was furious,  he was chancellor at one point, he disappeared from Channing's horrible points of view, couldn't live with the pain he huddles inside him. However,  he grabbed Ethan's hand, getting them up,  "Come on Davis,  you too Sterling.". Adrienne looked at the two men, hearing a child cry, it was Ethan's little boy from his marriage. He was hungry. He pulled him out of his messenger bag and placed him in his hat, "Shush…They'll hear…" . Adrienne took the hat out of Ethan's hands,holding a bottle of tinned milk in her one hand to feed him, "Shhhhh.".  Adrienne whispered, knowing that the little boy was drinking all of it in one go, "He's the last proper child in this country isn't he?". The little boy looked at Adrienne as he drank the milk,  before looking at his father. "Lecekade,  how do we solve the issues?". Adrienne spoke,  turning her head to the male, a groan was heard, a person who had caught the blight spoke, "LORD WHY HAVE YOU  FORSAKEN ME? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN THIS COUNTRY?! THIS ABYSS OF PAIN COMPELS YOU!". He coughed before screaming and falling to his feet, to his screams, screaming in pain, he got up again and ran after them, he was a thin and sickly male with blood dripping from his mouth and dark rings under his eyes where his eyes once were, his hair, grey, curtains as a haircut, his attire was that of  army fatigues, his former blue eyes covered by bandages, he couldn't  see, he caught the blight,  Viramotine was plant based, no wonder everyone ended into a false happiness state, that and of Crimson Blitz, it made them  very skinny, forget,  sick, the male, he ran at them with a force, dropping his pill bottle of Viramotine, chasing them with that rifle he gouged his own eyes out with to stop the pain, "Shit….RUN! RUN! HE'S COMING!". The group ran, the male ran after them, Lecekade trying to fight him away with his own rifle, *BANG*  A shot was fired from that very gun, ammunition on its last,  that thing…that man chased, his voice, full of delusion and lies that he was told, "THEY PROMISED US! THAT WE WOULD BE OKAY! THEY PROMISED EVERYONE!". His voice screamed out,  ripping off his bandages across his eyes,  two holes where his eyes were, he ran with his rifle, James and the others ran, "THERE!". Stephan shouted,  the group running into a museum, shutting the doors behind them,  The "National Film and Sci-Fi Museum.". James looks at the museum around them, turning on his torch  it was dark and mysterious in there,  the torch was strapped to his army fatigues shown a beam, a beam of light surrounded the now falling apart expeditions, wires hanging from the ceilings, broken televisions thrown all over the place, bodies hung from the wires,  Adrienne looked around her, "Holy shit, this place is huge. Impressive but damn…". She passed Ethan his child back to him, he placed him back in his messenger bag,  placing his hat back on, he pulled out his gun from the bag, Stephen walked on ahead,  pointing two fingers in a salute like manner, holding his gun in the other,  "Me and Ethan will go west.  You and James will go right. We'll meet up near the train station,  that'll get us to Woking.".  Adrienne looked at James and then at Stephen and Ethan.  "Very well.  Here you'll need it.". She chucked some ammunition on the floor to the other gents, "Now let's get a move on. ". They went their separate ways again,  trying to find the way out.

—--------------------
Stephan and Ethan walked across the place, the place crummy and old and already falling apart, it smelt of smoke and damp and  decomposing flesh, "God, this is not how I expected the future to be.". He spoke while walking up the stairs to the next part of the exhibition,  noises were heard,  whistling and croaking, "He's a l-liar..". A voice croaked, it  ran forward, it was a rabid chaser, "RUN! I SAID RUN!". The men ran, trying to kill the man that chased them, a shot was heard upstairs, the creature ran upstairs.

—-------------
James looked around him, for some reason,  he looked almost ill, sickly and almost like a ghost. He looked at Adrienne as  one of the things came up behind  her, he grabbed a metal pipe and ran towards her, getting it into a hitting position, "Adrienne behind you!".  *WHACK!*  He hit it away, causing blood to pour out its mouth. It wasn't dead yet, it got up, the other two ran, running for their lives, the thing got up and started to  chase them. It pounced directly onto James,  biting him in the shoulder, right where the veins were, he had a blood curdling scream, Adrienne looked at him, shooting the creature off him, "Come on, let's go!". He ran with her, running until they met the others at the exit. They ran to the train station, Adrienne looked at them, "We did it…". She breathed heavily from running, turning to James,  Ethan looked at him,  "Are you alright?".  James backed up from the crew, tearing down his jacket to reveal bite marks,human bite marks,  blood pouring  down his shoulder, his face sickly,  "Hehehe…whoops?". He had to confront one of those infected to save Adrienne's life, and in that respect, he  got bitten by them, thus becoming infected himself. Stephan looked at him, pulling out his gun,  directly at James, "Holy shit…he's turning…".  Adrienne grabbed her own, running in front of him, "Don't hurt him! ". James looked at her, the colour in his eyes fading away,  pushing her away, grabbing his  pistol with one hand on his head and the other on some switch to blow up the museum behind them, he pushed the others onto the train,  kicking a lever  with his foot, the train slowly moved forward,  before quickly picking up it's speed,   "A-ADRIENNE! GO, TAKE THEM TO SAFETY! GET RID OF THAT BASTARD! AND BRING PEACE TO ENGLAND! MAKE SURE HE STAYS DEAD! T-tell Imogene… dad loves her very much. He'll be with Uncle Adam.". He coughed,  crying, remembering his young twelve year old daughter.  His luck had to run out sometime, the train went along, he coughed once more as the infection surrounded him, he clicked the trigger of his gun while blowing up the building behind him.

""Adieu putain de lâche ! Au revoir Channing !".  He spoke the final words he ever said. He sacrificed himself for everyone else, and getting himself killed was the best decision he ever made….