A Circus of Little-Visions [Chapter 19]

"Ethan's log, 1991. An extract from Ethan's diary

I had awoken. From my deep slumber. I don't remember the date. Has it been redacted? No? I had forgotten, all I knew was that I was fixed, that's all I could remember. I had been fixed from whatever attempted to kill me.
Our group, the result of why we're fighting for our freedom back, walked and walked, trying to be normal model citizens, try not to break the rules, yet that applies to all, even though, we already have, going around Woking town centre, the residents all huddled together, hugging, faint and fake smiles on their masquerade masks, such a shame. Their faces with the look of a model citizen, proud and torn clothes, they kept some respect, "Did you hear about the Little-Visions factory? ". I heard one say, "I drew what I could remember of a Little-Vision, just imagine a humanoid doll with a saw in its chest with an old cartoon appearance." I shook my head in disobedience. The things were meant to keep children and their families safe, yet it would snitch on them if you broke the regime. End of log. ". I put my pen down, back in my bag, and placed my diary back along with it."
That ends Ethan's diary extract. Let's return to the story, shall we?
Date: Sometime in February 1991, the verim had retreated to an old warehouse after Ethan's treatment and fixed injuries were healed after a long while. The warehouse, the workshop, it was where little robotic humanoid dolls were manufactured and brought to life with such technical advancements and knowledge, after it shut down after reports of many deaths of the workers after the dolls became self-aware and killed some workers.
"Ethan!". Adrienne yelled, Ethan turned and looked at her, Matthew went with them to look around...they had made it in so little time.The factory was well grey, dull, cold and depressing, rusted and mossed over, the giant Little-Vision hand had seemed to fall off the logo. "SERVICES OF PROTECTION AND SECURITY FOR YOU AND THE WHOLE FAMILY!". Read the slogan, its light's flickered, "Closed to Viramotine plague outbreak. Closed to Viramotine plague outbreak. ". A robotic voice spoke...repeating itself in a worn down, almost breaking down in the weather like voice...
Ethan opened the door, it smelt of damp and old metal, the rebels went inside. A television was on a table, along with a VHS player, a cassette was on the table, they had cleaned up the dust from it, just to see if it would work again before they placed the tape into the VHS player, it had started, "Little-Vision Company Productions....". Two robotic dolls appeared on the screen, one male, one female, the first one spoke as a painting on a canvas, and appeared, "Hello. I am Little-Vision One. Today, I shall teach you about ART... A.R.T.". The tape ended unexpectedly, unknown why the tape endured a scream of fear of a worker or someone.
A loud bang was heard.
*THUD*
The group looked around them as the thud hit the ground, Matthew looked around as he held a torch in his hand. "Strange. No one has been here in years, though. So where'd the noise come from?". Ethan looked at the floor, "Look.". Adrienne picked up a small toy of sorts, a robotic doll. Well, it's cracked endoskeleton for a head and body, anyway. It's seen in its stomach held by the metal wire, almost ripped out its body, its body ripped open and rusted, its face bloody.
The thing had no wind-up key, yet it still managed to talk, "I-..AM -L-LITTLE-VISION! AND I L-LOVE TO D-D-DANCE AND S-SING! MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! ".
Adrienne dropped it in an expression of fear. It had fallen to the floor, breaking it even more. Its wires and face cracking open, it's smille broken. "I....am. ...Little...-Vision...". It broke down. It cracked and broke.
Adrienne looked at it before looking up to a railing, "What the hell?". A raspy breath echoed, "Funny little things, aren't they...?". The voice chuckled, his messy, tied brown hair, and brown eyes stared, "I mean for someone who invented the damned things. It's normally just like magic...".
A shirtless male spoke through, his body muscle and scared, his eyes tired, drawn faces up his body. His shirt tied around his waist. He laughs, getting down by an old dangling wire which was attached to his foot, like he was some sort of performer, his face cluttered with veins....He just smiled at her, his jaw snapped open before closing again, licking her face, "'Hello Adrienne...". Adrienne whimpered before the other looked at Ethan, running to him on his wired ankle, and grabbed him. "How painless can one...". He laughed with hysterical madness, "CAN ONE JOB BE?!". He laughed, his eyes rolling with his hysterical laughter, "SHAMED! AND KNOWING THAT HE PUSHED ALL OF US ASIDE!". The man had long gone, he just kept it in, the madness or something.
"I should've thanked you, Davies. But in the retrospective. Things collapsed and went down off the charts. ". He smiled as one of the dolls went near him, pulling on the wire that seemed to be attached to his decaying and torn fleshed foot. He looked down and gasped in sudden surprise.
He seemed to smile at the dolls. He then looked to the rebels, pressing a button on a remote. He smiled again down at his creations, the dolls he had made to keep children happy, now nothing but killing machines. His eyes widened, and he spoke almost so quietly.
"Get them.". He laughs, the male had vanished already, running off, the dolls started to attack the intruders, their saws popping out of their stomachs, blood stained the blades of the dolls insides, their cracked happy faces and materials torn pieces of sharp plastics and metals. One swung at Adrienne, Ethan blocked it from getting closer to her, throwing the robotic mod doll to the ground below, grabbing an axe and stamping on it with his boot, "CHRIST HOW MANY ARE THERE?!" Matthew shouted as he dodged so many of those dolls, Ethan replied back,  "I don't know!". His voice trembled in fear, but he knew how to get rid of them. He threw the axe into one of the dolls,  causing it to spark and fizz. It was like a a thunder storm happening inside.  They then ran through the circus of Little-Visions.  The male stood and laughed.  "I see you escaped them. Well some...".

|End of Chapter 19 part one]