Chapter 11

Kai followed King Triton with Ariel , Ariel glanced to her side and noticed that Kai was having some issues swimming with his new tail , she slowed down and extended her hand " are you alright ?"

Kai smiled softly and accepted her hand , intertwining their fingers together " its just something new . I'll learn fast "

King Triton glanced back and saw the two having a sweet moment , he's face soften with a smile as he cleared his throat " Kai . Welcome to Atlantica " he extended his arm to the view infront of them , the beauty and glamor of the palace.  Kai's eyes widened at the sight as Ariel giggled , King Triton chuckled as he led them to the palace .

When they entered , Kai looked around and noticed a few girls who suddenly cornered Ariel in a non-threatening manner asking her all sorts of questions,  Ariels cheeks flushed " that's Kai ...daddy turned him into a merman..." she answered them . Their heads snapped to Kai , they waved and greeted him cheerfully . Kai casually waved back as King Triton slid his arm around Kai's shoulders and led him throughout the palace .

Kai spent months living as a merman with Ariel and the rest of the princesses under the watchful eye of King Triton . They didn't even keep track of time , living together for months , one day they received a wedding invitation from Drusilla and Eric .

Ariel squealed with excitement and swam up to Kai who was reading a book he had chosen from the royal library,  she practically jumped him with a laugh " Eric is getting married to Drusilla , we have to attend !"

Kai smiled at her excitement and pulled the invite closer and read it , " but Ariel...we're not human ..." Ariel smiled " I'll speak to daddy . Just one day should be alright "

King Triton was doubtful but he knew how Ariel stayed in contact with Drusilla and have become close friends with her , it'll upset Ariel if she couldn't attend.  " very well . Just for the day " King Triton reasoned . Ariel was beyond excited as she almost spun the poor boy who was her date for the wedding , King Trition smiled at him then asked him to come closer " Kai ...may I have a moment?"

Kai swam closer " yes ?"

" you've lived under my watch for two years with Ariel ....you have my blessing boy " , Kai's eyes widened and he smiled " truly sire ?"

King Triton laughed and hugged Kai close " I already consider you family , you make my Ariel happy and that is all I ask for "

Kai swam out the room to find Ariel , hugged her tightly with a laugh which bewildered her , Ariel assumed that her father complimented him or something and wasn't surprised as she noticed how her father watched Kai with pride as though he took him in like a stray .

That very next morning Kai and Ariel made their way to the shore , King Triton used his Triden and turned them into human wearing formal wear . Ariel was wearing a gorgeous baby blue dress with her hair styled up and sparkling jewelry on her ears and neck . Kai was dressed on a very fashionable black tail coat suit , his white hair combed back and he had white gloves . The two looked at themselves in wonder , moving the clothing and feeling the fabric before they looked at each other , both too stunned to speak .

A voice called out " you made it !" , the two stunning individuals looked to the source of the voice to find Eric running towards them , he smiled " I almost thought you weren't coming "

Kai smiled "wouldn't miss it " , Ariel stepped closer to Kai and held his arm " congratulations Eric , we hope that you live happily with Drusilla "

Eric smiled " thankyou , come this way " Eric led the couple to the ceremony location as they sat in the front row , the music started as Drusilla walked down the aisle in a mermaid styled white dress with her hair braided down the middle of her back . The two watched the wedding take place , Ariel wiped tears from her eyes , Kai leaned over " are you alright ?"

Ariel smiled " I'm just so happy for them ...and envious of them"

Kai held her hand and gently caressed her thumb " soon my live , you will be the show stopper in the white dress"

Ariels face went redder than her hair " are you saying...?"

Kai chuckled softly " I'll tell you after the wedding , let's enjoy our friends celebration " .