Origins

Yuki walked outside of The Sacred Hall of Warriors, Shifu at her side. The Five were lined up waiting for them.

"Master." They all bowed to Shifu.

Shifu waved a hand at them. "Stand up. No need for any of that."

The Five stood back up straight with Tigress being the first to speak up.

"All of the villagers are safe. The village itself is in disarray from the battle."

Yuki grimaced, "My bad."

Shifu chuckled, "It is not your fault, Yuki. We will rebuild in time. For now, Yuki has offered to make noodles. Come, we shall go to her family's shop." He strolled past the Five. Viper, Monkey, Mantis, and Crane followed, but Tigress hung back.

"I have something for you." She said to Yuki.

Yuki gave her a surprised look. "Y-You do?"

Tigress stepped closer to the white tigress and placed the hair pin back into her head fur. "You need to stop losing this."

Yuki felt her face heat up. "I-I didn't even notice that I'd lost it."

Tigress fixed Yuki's head fur before she stepped back. "Is it important to you?" She gazed into Yuki's icy blues.

Yuki glanced away nervously. "Yeah, I think it belonged to my mother. I've had it for as long as I can remember."

Tigress motioned for Yuki to follow and the two followed the others down the long steps. "Did your father not tell you anything specific?"

Yuki scoffed, "He didn't even tell me I was adopted. Maybe I'll ask him when we get there."

"I think you should. If I could learn more about my parents, I would."

Yuki crossed her arms, tucking each one in the opposite sleeve. "Are you adopted as well?"

Tigress narrowed her eyes slightly. "I am. Shifu took me in."

Yuki's gaze landed on the red panda that was at the head of the group. He was chatting happily with the rest of the Five.

"I'm sorry, Tigress."

Tigress gave Yuki a startled look, "For what?"

"It sounds like you have had such a hard life. One that I couldn't even begin to understand." Yuki flattened her ears and shook her head. "I'm rambling. Please ignore me."

Tigress placed a gentle paw on Yuki's shoulder. "It's not that bad anymore. Besides, I'm focusing on the present, not the past. As should you."

Yuki stared down at the pot of noodles she was cooking for Shifu and the Five. Clearly frustrated. Ping came up beside her with a frown.

"My beautiful flower, what is the matter?"

Yuki sighed, "How did you find me?" She shot her father a glance.

Ping frowned, "It was a cold winter here in China." He began, sitting on a stool. "I was taking trash out when a young white tiger came up to me. He was terrified and covered in blood. In his little, shaking arms was a tiny, white bundle."

Yuki set her spoon down, noodles forgotten, and turned towards her father.

Ping lowered his head, "That bundle was you. He begged me to take you. Saying that the wolves were coming and everything depended on your survival."

"Was..Was he my brother?" Yuki hesitantly asked.

"He was. I remember him saying his name was Kori."

Yuki flattened her ears and lowered her gaze. "Kori.."

"After I took you from your brother, he explained that he had fled Japan with you. Your family was under targeted attack by a rival clan of Honshu wolves."

"The Honshu wolves are savages!" Yuki turned, startled, and faced Shifu. The Five hovered behind him.

"Shifu.." Her gaze snapped to the forgotten noodles, which she immediately began tending to again.

Shifu sat on a stool behind the bar. "If what your father says is true, then you are from the royal family of Kotta. The white tigers from the frozen lands of Japan."

"She really is a princess.." Monkey murmured. Viper hissed at him and whispered something about being inappropriate.

Yuki began pouring the noodles into bowls. "What happened to Kori, Father?"

"He ran off into the forest and led the group of wolves away. I have not seen him since."

Yuki gave a small sigh. "I see." She shook her head and then smiled. "I hope you guys enjoy!" She handed a bowl out to each of the Five and then Shifu.

Tigress hovered by the bar, uncertainty on her face. Yuki raised a brow. "What is it, Tigress?"

Tigress met Yuki's gaze. "Come eat with me?"

Yuki chuckled, "Of course. I'll be over in a minute."

Tigress gave a nod before going to a separate table from the Five.

"I will look into your family. Don't do anything rash." Shifu rose and took his bowl to the table with the Five.

Yuki stared down into the bowl of noodles she made for herself.

Not that I could even if I wanted to..

She picked her bowl up and went out to join Tigress.

"So how did you defeat Tai Lung?" Tigress questioned while she ate her noodles.

Yuki winked at Tigress. "I used my charm."

Tigress gave a small smirk.

"And the Wuxi Finger Hold." Yuki ate more noodles.

Tigress' eyes went wide. "Did Shifu teach you how to do that?"

Is she jealous?

Yuki shook her head. "No. I just figured it out. I can teach you?"

Tigress stared down at her noodles. "I..would like that." She lifted her gaze to the white tigress. "Master." She bowed her head.

Yuki covered her mouth and giggled. "You don't have to call me that. Just Yuki is fine."

Tigress smiled, "Very well. Yuki."