Saving the Five

Yuki's unconscious body flowed slowly down a river. Thunder was echoing through the sky and a light rain had begun. Her body washed up next to a bridge. Right next to the old goat from before. She frowned down at the tigress before she drug her over to the shelter of a tree.

Yuki finally regained consciousness when a drop of water smacked her in the face. She slowly opened her eyes with a groan. Yuki looked around slowly, unsure of what was happening. Her gaze finally landed on the old goat standing next to a fire.

"H-Hello?" She called out, hesitantly.

The old goat turned to her with a small smile before she reached down and grabbed a bowl. She took it to Yuki.

"What is that?" Yuki stared at it when it was offered.

"It will help with the pain."

Yuki took it and sniffed it, immediately wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"Best to drink it all at once."

Yuki gave a small nod before she chugged it. Shuddering violently at the taste. "Why..did you save me?" She set the bowl down as the goat moved back to the fire.

"So you can fulfill your destiny." She glanced at Yuki.

Yuki sat up with a grimace. She rubbed her arm. "Destiny? Where am I?"

"I'm surprised you remember so little. But..you were so little when it happened."

Yuki curled her tail around herself. Wincing at a pain in her head.

"Perhaps you do remember."

"It's just a nightmare." Yuki shook her head.

"Nightmare or memory?" The goat raised a brow.

Yuki glanced at the goat before she stood to look around. Her gaze fell on a particular tree as a memory took hold.

She was in the arms of her mother who was making her way over to her brother and her father. They were having a picnic.

Yuki shook her head and frowned. Eyes brimming with tears.

"This was your family's vacation home. Your parents were great friends with Shen's parents. Young Shen was in line to rule Gongmen City, but he wanted more. I foretold that someone would stand in his way. A warrior of black and white."

Yuki turned to look at the goat.

"But I never could have foretold what came next. Shen was furious with his parents, saying that they should not have allowed such dangerous creatures to be their friends. In his rage, Shen forced the wolf leader to send a letter to the Honshu wolves in Japan. He demanded that they take out the royal family and offered a hefty sum in return."

Yuki's bottom lip quivered, "S-So my family is..is.."

"That cannot be known for certain."

Yuki gave a small nod before walking out into the rain. She closed her eyes and tried to clear her mind.

Inner peace..

She held the same stance she had seen Shifu use. Her mind felt blank as she moved her body. Yuki had successfully caught a raindrop, unknown to her, and began rotating it around her body.

The goat perked up as she watched the tigress.

Yuki slowly opened her eyes, noticing the drop of water, and leaned down to let it fall gently onto a plant.

The goat slowly made her way over to Yuki. "Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story. Who you choose to be."