Prologue

To be liked by someone at first...

Being single since birth, I realized that not everyone who admits to you that they like you will last. Like the fvck? Nananahimik kami e tapos papasok kayo sa buhay namin at hindi pa sigurado? Minsan nakakagaga din pala magkagusto sa isang tao. Masasabi kong mas mabuti na lang pala talagang manahimik ka at tanggapin na lang na single. Mas mabuting hintayin na lang yung tamang panahon. Mas mabuting mag-isa na lang tapos sarili ko na mismo yung nagpapasaya sa'kin sa pamamagitan ng paglibang kaysa yung masaya ka nga, di ka naman sigurado.

I realized so many things about being single since birth. Sometimes, I'm at the point where my friends call me numb. I feel him very strongly, and there are some things that I want to be sure of before I take the risk. Like, there are so many what-ifs. What if he's not the one? What if it was just there in the first place? What if I get hurt? There are so many what-ifs that sometimes push me not to follow what is in my heart and mind.

It's so rare to find a man who will really pursue you and who will prove what they tell you. Hindi yung sinasabi lang nila, pero hindi naman ginagawan ng aksiyon. "Don't just say it, prove it." When you say 'I love you," show it. It's not that you only love her when she's there, or maybe if you don't have any choice. If you're going to court someone, you should not stop until she says yes to you; it's not just that she didn't say 'yes', you'll stop... I mean, yes, and she didn't answer when you asked her for the first time, but is that enough to give up right away? Is that enough to leave her on the air? Because if you really like someone, you won't do that. If you can't stand it, you'd better just keep quiet instead of entering her quiet life and messing it up. Iba sa pakiramdam ang maiwan sa ere... Hindi niyo alam kung paano kahirap ang gustuhin kayong makalimutan gayung kung saan pa kami nahulog ay dun kayo mawawala...

To be liked by someone, but not in a romantic way... Is so damn fvcking sh*t.