Chapter 1

"Hoy." I looked at Kerri when she slapped my hands to catch my attention.

"Ano?"

"Tulala ka na naman."

"Tsk." Binalik ko ang tingin ko sa kalangitan na kung saan lumiliwanag ang buwan.

The moon was so beautiful... If only I could be given the chance to fulfill one of my wishes: that the man that was meant for me was like the moon, who's always here by my side to be my comfort zone as I watched the moon every night. I would be glad.

"You know what, Janny? Ikaw na lang yung maghanap kaysa ng mamatay ka kakahintay ng mala-fictional character na dadating sa buhay mo." Biglang sabi ni Kerri.

"Tsk gaga. I will never find him. I don't have to find the guy who I will love; baka sa kakahanap ko maling tao pa yung matagpuan ko. There's a time for everything, Kerri. Just wait for that time, and you'll see."

"Hayst. Ang hirap talaga makuha ng mga wattpader no? Wattpadians became mature when it came to love, but when it came to crazy things, y'all became immature. Tss tss." She said.

"That's because Wattpad made us realize many things we didn't expect us to be."

"You're right. That's the reason why, until now, you've been single."

"Shut up. Baka lumipad ang isda pag nakawala ang kalabaw sa taas ng inidoro."

Ilang minutong di nakapagsalita ang katabi ko, tsaka lamang ako napatawa.

"Putang*na mo Jan kaya di ka nagkakajowa dahil baliw ka pa sa nasa mental."

Napatawa na'ko ng todo, gusto kong tumawa masama ba? Nagmamahal lang naman ako, pero bakit di yun kayang suklian? Sabagay, pa'no naman susuklian yun kung yung mga minahal ko ay hindi nabubuhay sa mundong nasaan ako. Yung mga minahal ko ay namumuhay lamang sa libro...

I have also loved once. But maybe the world just wants to make me feel how to love and how to be hurt by the first person I love...

"By the way, balita ko hiwalay na sila Anne at Jake?" Sabi ni Kerri.

"Gaga paano maghihiwalay yun e pareho nilang di kayang bitawan ang isa't-isa?"

"Sabi nila-"

"Alam ko na. I told Anne that if she thinks it's wrong to stay in the relationship where she is, she'll let go of that. She wants to let go, but she can't, and neither can Jake. They love each other. The only problem for them is time. They can fix their problems. We're out of that; all we can do is give them advice."

"Sabagay-"

"Tumigil ka ding pusakal ka. Ayusin mo din yung jowa mong ang layo. You entered LDR, kaya magtiis ka."

"I'm ready to endure everything as long as it's for the person I love."

Napaiwas ako ng tingin kay Kerri. Yung sinabi niya ang gusto kong maranasan. Nakakagaga din palang maging single, mamamatay ka sa inggit.

My two friends are both in relationships; one is happy and the other is not. I'm impressed because I see how they love each other, which is not only said but also proven. Anne, who can't break up with her boyfriend because she loves him and Jake loves her too, has problems and hindrances in their relationship, but they overcome them all. They are so strong when it comes to love that I have never experienced it before. Kerri and her boyfriend are far from each other, but I'm just impressed because they were able to handle their relationship well. No one lies to them; they are always open to each other and understand each other. They tend to focus on the positive rather than the negative. She and her boyfriend have been together for a long time.

Kaya nakakainggit... Napapatanong na lang ako kung kaylan kaya? Matagal pa ba? Kasi minsan parang nasasaktan ako... Yung gusto mong may masasabihan, may mag c-comfort sa'yo, pero wala ka nun, kundi sarili mo lang dahil takot kang mag open sa mga kaibigan mo. Basta may pakiramdam na ganun na minsan ay hindi ko mapaliwanag. Siguro ganito din yung ibang single.

"Janny. What if dumating na yung para sa'yo talaga? Siguro ako yung una mong kaibigan na magiging masaya talaga ng todo." Biglang sabi niya at alam kong sa puntong ito ay seryoso na ang aming usapan.

"If it comes, then thank you."

"Susuportahan ko talaga."

"Tsk. "Kung dumating nga."

Ilang minuto muna kaming nanatili sa bubong ng bahay bago namin napag isipan na pumasok na at may klase pa kami bukas.

I don't know if only singles are like this, but before I fall asleep, I imagine scenarios in my mind and smile like a stupid person.

Kinaumagahan ay naligo agad kami ni Kerri, tsaka kami kumain. Umuupa lang kami ng bahay, kaming tatlo ngunit si Anne ay umuwi sa kanilang probinsya at mamaya pa yun uuwi.

Nakadating kami sa paaralan at minsan nakakailang din pala kapag may napapansin kang tumututok sayo, okay na sana e kaso bata pa yung tumututok sayo kaya pass na lang muna si ems.

The class has started, and luckily I was in the mood to listen when suddenly someone came up to me with his seat. I was surprised when he suddenly put his head on my shoulder. I let him put his head to mine even though I wasn't comfortable with this position between us and with him. I just thought that maybe he was just tired and needed a shoulder to lean on.

The class ended, but he didn't leave yet. I want to stand up because I'm having goosebumps, but fvck, how can I leave if he's still leaning against me? I don't even know what to do, for goodness sake!

Ginalaw ko ang balikat ko tsaka lamang siya gumalaw din at inamoy ang balikat ko tsaka sinabi ang mga salitang ngayon ko lang narinig na nagmula sa isang lalaki.

"You smell so good..." Tsaka siya tumayo at umalis.

Putang*na. Di ako makagalaw.

"Gaga anong nangyari sayo?" "Lumulutang na naman ang isip mo."

I didn't expect that he would do that to me again. I mean, it's been a week since I noticed that he was avoiding me, and I didn't even know the reason why he did that.

"N-nothing."

And my friends? They don't know what's really happening now in my life. I admitted that I was unfair to them. They always share their problems with me while I'm here, keeping all the problems and secrets in my life. And fighting them all, though sometimes I'm at the point of choosing to give up rather than fight. But with God, I do what's right for me to be a better version of myself.

"Let's go." I said, and get my things. "Wait me here, iihi lang ako."

And when I was about to go to the comfort room, I stopped when I saw him again. I saw her with the girl I get jealous of and her friends. I know there's nothing between him and that girl, but fvck, I feel like there's something stabbing in my chest.

I turn my back on them and go to Kerri.

While on our way to our apartment, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about them. What if they're already in a relationship but they just keep it low-key?

Arghhh! Fvcked them all!

"You know what, Janny? He is also my friend, and everything he said to me, I say to you. Stop thinking about him, can't you see already? He's avoiding you for Pete's sake!"

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"You don't know how much I wanted to forget that bastard, but fvck. I don't know what to do every time I see him."

"Tsk. You still love him. Do you?"

"Oh God! I don't love him, okay?"

"Kausapin mo lolo kong deads na. Gaga."

I kept telling them that I didn't love that bastard. But I can't deny that I was thinking of him anytime and anywhere.

When I closed my eyes, I realized something that I kept denying. I just can't accept the fact that non omnis, qui tibi confitetur, se tibi similem esse, manebit.