ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝 - 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥

The day of the results are here.

I walked towards the classroom. I did not write any of the exams, so there is no point for me to go and check the result sheets. But I'm only going because I'm more interested in knowing how the others in the class have fared.

I reached the classroom within a few minutes, and thrust the door open. Ryuuen, Sakayanagi and Ichinose were already there, and all had their eyes glued to the board. They noticed me enter.

"Oh, look who's here," Ryuuen sneered. "Did you pass?"

"Apparently I did," I replied. I took my seat next to Ryuuen's. "Overall, I mean. I obviously failed this one."

"Still not too shabby, Takeyama-kun," Ichinose hummed as she looked through the scorecard. "Even though you got perfect zeros on every subject in the Finals, you haven't dropped as much you would've expected. In fact, you're still within the top 25%."

I scanned the final grade rankings.

1. Arisu Sakayanagi
2. Teruhiko Yukimura
3. Kohei Katsuragi
4. Ichinose Honami
5. Mei-Yu Wang
6. Suzune Horikita
.
.
.
.
21. Chiaki Matsushita
.
.

.
.

33. Keisuke Takeyama

.
.
.
.
78. Kiyotaka Ayanokoji
.
.
.
.

87. Kakeru Ryueen
.
.
.
.

The results were mostly what you'd expect. Arisu had come in first in the entire grade, followed closely by Yukimura, Katsuragi, Ichinose and Wang. Suzune had missed out on the Top Five by just one spot, but it was nothing to be ashamed of. Sixth in a school filled with elites is top-notch performance.

Kiyotaka..... let's just say his rank was expected.

"33rd, uh....." Arisu muttered under her breath. "Zeros throughout all final exam papers, and you still managed to be 33rd..... I can only imagine the margin you would've beaten me by if you had written the exams, Keisuke."

"You flatter me."

I turned to look at the board once again. Chiaki had come in 21st. Not bad, but I feel that she could have done much better. Of course, she was in 5th place in Class D, but still.

"I think you've all looked through your scores," Mashima-sensei said. He was the teacher in our class today. "There's nothing else worth doing today. I'm happy to announce that all 160 students from the First Year have passed, and have been promoted to the Second Year. With that being said, your First Year ends here. You have holidays for two weeks, and then the Second Year will begin in full swing."

With that short speech, my First Year in Advanced Nurturing High School, Tokyo ended.

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

"Any plans for today, Keisuke?"

"Umm, not really. What about you?"

"A bit," Sakayanagi replied. "In fact, right now. I have a little meeting right now."

"Right now?"

"Yes. With Ayanokoji-kun, of course," Arisu replied. "It's been a while, after all."

"Where, though?"

"In the Special Building, most probably. We might have a special visitor too," Arisu said. She slowly signaled me to take out my phone, and so I did.

"You have my contact saved, right?" Arisu asked. "If I turn on my GPS, you'll be able to track my location."