Chapter 38

Nicola's POV

I watched him coming closer to me again. The look in his eyes sent my breathing into a frenzy, making me take a step back. My eyes strayed down to those, oh so lushous lips that had been on mine just a moment ago.

I felt my cheeks heat up, remembering the feel and taste of those lips. I have been kissed before. By men that I had gone on dates with, when I had felt too lonely. Two men, to be exact, and two dates.

But it felt nothing like this. Gabriel touched me and kissed me like he owned me, like every inch of my body belonged to him. It was gentle yet so possessive and passionate. It took my breath away just thinking about it.

He stopped when he came to stand in front of me. He was standing so close, and my bare toes were touching the tip of his sneakers. He leaned in until his cheeks were softly grazing against my cheeks. I felt the softness of his stubble against my skin. I sighed in pleasure, closing my eyes with a soft smile on my lips.

His warmth and sweet musky smell played havoc with my brain. heat stired up between my legs in excitement and anticipation, as he kept teasing me, letting his body touch mine and letting me feel him while he was not touching me. In fact, his hands were buried deep inside his pockets.

My nipples hardened when his chest rubbed gently against them, making a soft moan escape my lips.

I bit my lips in embarrassment as my cheeks flushed bright pink.

He turned his head, placing a gentle kiss on my cheeks, lingering for a second before he stepped back, leaving me cold and empty, as he took his warmth with him.

I looked up at him from beneath my lashes, disappointed that he had stopped.

"Im sorry," he said, smiling at me sadly, which left me confused.

I couldn't understand his behavior. The things he had admitted to today had shocked me. Never in a million years would I even dream that he would admit he found me irresistible. That was just unbelievable.

Yet he didn't look happy admitting it, which left me scared and uncertain all of sudden.

My head cleared from its foggy cloud, making me feel really self-conscious being in my towel.

I felt another rejection coming my way from him, and I would like to at least be fully dressed for it. So I went to move past him towards the bed, where my clothes still lay.

But again, he stopped me. This time, it grabbed my hand as I moved past him.

"Gabriel, please." I pleaded, trying to pull my hand away. I have had enough of the roller coaster ride for today. I just want to put on my clothes and finish packing. I still needed to find a good enough excuse to tell the twins so as not to make them too upset when I leave.

I turned to look at him as he slowly raised my hand, placing a soft kiss on my knuckles. I sighed. I really can't understand him.

"Do you know how much I want you, Nicola? How much I need you?" He asked, and I just shook my head. His mood was making me feel really down.

"I wish I could be with you, Nicola. I really do. But I can't. Not right now." I nodded automatically, not being able to say anything. My heart felt like someone was pressing against it, making it hard for me to breathe. It hurt so much, and I couldn't understand why he was telling me all this and coming close to me when he didn't want to be with me. I am so tired of these rejections. It's like a game to him, I thought, trying to wriggle my hand out of his grasp again.

"Dammit, Nicola!" He burst out, letting my hand go. I looked at him, surprised at his outburst.

"Can you just stop! If you have a problem with me, confront me. Stop hiding your emotions from me. Stop walking away." He said in frustration, and when I still didn't respond, he sighed, turning away. But as he caught sight of my suitcase, he turned accusingly to me, "You plan to still leave, don't you?"