Chapter 42

Simon's POV

This has gone on for long enough! I thought as I stormed out of Nicola's house late that night.

I can't bear to see Nicola so down and now desperate! No way! That Hudson better come down here right now and claim his girl, or I will go to him and drag him here. And that won't be pretty!

I stopped in front of my car, placing my hands on it, waiting until I calmed down.

I remember six years ago, when she had come back to college after a trip, she had looked equally broken and completely lost. Her tears wouldn't stop. I was the one who brought her here and helped her start a new life and forget about that guy.

But now he is back in her life, and he has again broken her heart. I swear to God! I said as I punched my car.

I know that Danny guy is nice and all, but I just can't watch Nicola compromise on her life. She deserves to be with the man she loves. Especially when he, too, loves her.

And I do know that douchebag Hudson loves her. He is just stuck. And I can understand and respect why. He had just lost his wife after all and started over so soon while his heart was still heeling from the loss. That's not wise.

But apparently, it's not a broken heart that's keeping him from coming to Nicola. It's guilt of not having mourned enough for the loss of his wife and mother of his children.

Yeah, I know his story. Ryan and I have known each other through business for several years now and ever since these two idiotic love birds came home from there vacation, Ryan and I have been checking on each other's best friends through each other.

Gabriel will not come unless he was given a little push or a little motivation. And it's time to give him that little push, which will make him run to her, I thought as an idea popped in my head, making me grin from ear to ear all of a sudden.

I took my phone out, messaging Ryan for Gabriel's number. In a minute, he replied back with the number and asked what I was up to. I replied, "You will see," and quickly dialed Gabriel's number..

.........

Gabriel's POV

I gulped down the last of my drink for the night and got up from my chair to leave for my room. It's late, and it's time to get some sleep.

I drank two glasses tonight which was much less than my usual and I was able to get up on my feet without too much effort and my legs weren't as wobbly as it usually was after my nightcap, so I was proud of myself. I hope I will be able to get some sleep, though.

I would very much appreciate it if those honey colored eyes would spare me tonight.

I feel exhausted and I have a very important meeting with some Chinese clients tomorrow after which I will be entertaining them until evening.

I needed the sleep. I have been operating on very little of that, these couple of months, and I can't afford any mishaps tomorrow.

I groaned as I reached my room and removed my shirt. My muscles were aching from exhaustion. Maybe a long, warm shower before bed might help.