The problem with Yong'An

ℑ 𝔞𝔪 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔶 𝔴𝔞𝔶.
𝔑𝔲𝔫 𝔤𝔢𝔲𝔫𝔶𝔞𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔬𝔪𝔶𝔢𝔬𝔫 𝔡𝔴𝔞𝔢.
ℑ 𝔞𝔪 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔶 𝔴𝔞𝔶.
𝔅𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔲𝔫 𝔤𝔢𝔲𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔯𝔬𝔶𝔞.

Hua Cheng was training extra time in the night.

He was already nine years old. But for someone that young, he was surprisingly amazing. His moves were agile and fluid, quick and light.

His back was wet with sweat, beads of them sliding down his beautiful face, his cheeks flushed. His breathing was controlled more or less, but still a bit rapid. After completing the sword forms he stopped, and breathed in and out heavily, calming down his adrenaline.

"Here." Suddenly came a calm and sweet voice. Hua Cheng looked at the source of it, his face still sweaty, the cool breeze ruffling his long ponytail. The owner of the voice was Xie Lian, who was looking at him with a gentle smile, and in his hand was a handkerchief which was extended towards Hua Cheng.

Hua Cheng smiled and bowed, Xie Lian straightened him up, and himself wiped away the sweat still sliding down profusely by his temples and cheeks. It was summer after all. Though the weather in Mount Taicang was not that hot, it was still more humid than usual.

"You are working really hard." Xie Lian said in a gentle voice.

"Mn. I want to become stronger. So that I can protect those I want to." Came Hua Cheng's answer.

Xie Lian was surprised to hear such an answer from someone this small in age. He smiled, "Hua...Hong? Wait, I think I mixed up your birth name and courtesy name." He laughed nervously.

Hua Cheng gave a soft laugh, "Do you want to call me Hong?"

Xie Lian, for whatever reason, felt an urge to tease him, as he spoke with a grin, "Xing-jie calls you 'A-Hong' right? I would rather call you something only I can call."

He was only joking, but Hua Cheng seemed to have taken it seriously. He was just a child after all. He didn't think that much if it was a joke or not, so he answered truthfully, "Then...how about 'San Lang'?"

Xie Lian was taken aback as he stared at Hua Cheng, who only smiled and continued, "Then, will you call me that?"

Xie Lian was dumbfounded for a moment, before he smiled and nodded, "Mnh! That sounds great. San Lang. But why the name?"

Hua Cheng spoke, "I am the youngest among my siblings. The third child. So I thought it would be a fitting nickname. However..." he smiled mischievously. Xie Lian found himself melting into the cuteness of this little pie.

"However?" Xie Lian probed with a grin.

Hua Cheng pouted, "Only I am allowed to call you 'Gege'. No one else."

Xie Lian pinched his cheeks and softly chuckled, "You are so cute San Lang."

Hua Cheng pouted harder, "Promise? You will only let me call you 'Gege'?"

Xie Lian replied with mirth, "Alright. Promise. Only you can call me 'Gege', no one else."

Hua Cheng threw himself at Xie Lian's warm embrace, unaware that he was not allowed to do so, after all, Xie Lian was the Crown Prince of XianLe.

But the Crown Prince in question didn't mind at all. He readily embraced the small child in his hands, so warm and cozy. He felt his heart at so much ease while holding him in his own arms.

"Thank you Gege." Came a muffled, happy voice from under his face. Xie Lian put his chin on Hua Cheng's head, "Hahaha. Your welcome."

_______________________