Prologue

The baby she gave up for adoption came to find Emma, and she doesn't know what to make of it.

***

"What?!"

"I'm your son," Henry repeated.

He watched as Emma shook her head in denial and looked at the two next to her. "Mum? I thought you didn't have any other family?" The other boy, who seemed to also be Emma's kid, looked at her with tears in his bright green eyes.

Around them, the shop rattled slightly, and Emma's eyes widened as she kneeled to the boy's level. "Harry, I didn't think I did. You knew I'd had a baby when I was a kid, bud, but I just never thought he'd try to find me," she told him.

Harry nodded resolutely, wiped his eyes, and walked over to Henry and held his hand out as Emma quietly talked with the other woman, who happened to be watching him closely as she listened to Emma. "I'm Harry Potter-Swan. I'm Emma's adoptive son and your adoptive brother. That's my mum Emma Swan, as you know, and my aunt Queenie." Harry had a feeling it was probably best if he didn't tell Henry that he was technically blood-related to him just yet, at least until they figured out what he was doing here in the first place.

Henry shook his hand with a smile as Emma finally shook herself out of her shock and looked at Henry curiously. "So I guess I have two kids now, then? What're you doing here, Henry?"

"I need your help." With a huff, he looked at the clock above the door. "Look, I'm sorry about this, but we kind of need to get going."

"Going?" Harry asked. "Where?" He'd migrated back over to Emma who rubbed his hair, proud of him for introducing himself to Henry like he had her when they'd met all those years ago.

"I need you to come home with me," Henry said, and he sounded so much like Emma in that moment she had to take a moment to just look at him.

"Where's home, kid?" Emma asked, frowning.

"Storybrooke, Maine," Henry smiled proudly.

Emma looked at Queenie and when she nodded, shook her head. "Storybrooke? Really?"

Henry smirked. "Yep. Storybrooke, Maine, where fairytales come to life."

Harry laughed and looked at Emma. "We can't just leave him on the streets, Mum. We kind of have to help him." His eyes pleaded with her, and she sighed.

"We'll only help if you tell us what you need our help for," she told him seriously and Henry sighed, running a hand through his brunette hair.

"I need your help breaking a curse." With that said, he pulled the backpack off of his back and pulled out a large, brown leather storybook from it. On the front in beautiful gold lettering were the words "Once Upon A Time" and he held it up for them to see.

"A curse? On what? Fairy tales?" Emma asked. "Kid, come on." She scoffed. "I can call the cops to take you home, you know?"

"I could tell them you kidnapped me," Henry crossed his arms.

Emma narrowed her eyes. "And they would believe you because I'm your birth mother," she sighed.

"Mm-hmm," Henry nodded with a pleased grin.

Emma's inner lie detector went off. "I have this thing, let's call it a superpower, that tells me when people are lying, and you kid, are." She felt Queenie's magic pulling on her own, and she sighed, knowing it was a silent warning she needed to bring it in.

"They're not fairy tales. They're true. Every story in this book actually happened!" Henry refuted, and Emma raised an eyebrow as she grabbed her bag.

"Sure they did, kid. There's no way fairy tales are real," she sighed