Ch. 24 Try to Resist

*Chiara

Chiara moaned and gasped—she might have called Logan's name, but his hand covered her mouth, and she wasn't even sure. She bit. She writhed in his hold. Panting, she arched back into him.

He groaned into her hair. His fingers pumped in her sex, and she bucked her hips into them, wanting him deeper, grinding into the slide of him. Obscene desires and images raced through her mind, but over everything else was the dirty wanting—wanting Logan to carry her further into sin until she drowned in it. Wet kisses left moist spots on her burning cheeks. She sucked in air as she spiraled into pleasure, giving herself over to it, to Logan.

Rolling on the euphoric sensation, she felt free for the first time in her life. Logan set her free, obscenely. Deliciously. Wantonly.

Then, just as she was going to scream into his hand, to truly fly with the rippling pleasure budding in her core, Logan stopped and slipped his fingers out. He gripped her shoulders hard to enough to bruise.

A vicious whisper landed in her ear. "This is Hell, Chiara, you don't ever get what you want."

Shuddering, she slowly returned to reality. Rage instantly boiled in her chest. He would do that to her? After everything they'd survived? He took her with his fingers until she was on the brink of absolute release and then he simply stopped?

How fucking dared he? Who did he think he was? She whirled, hand up to strike.

Logan let her slap him without a single flinch. She sputtered, unable to speak.

There was pain on his face—a mix of emotions and suffering that she couldn't read. The desire was there, in the way he locked eyes with her from under heavy lids, pupils still nearly black, but also a tension she recognized from the dungeon.

The faint whiff of burned flesh reached her. By the sleeping king. She blinked, confused, rage smoldering and dying with a sigh.

"Logan, are you all right?" she asked, voice breaking.

"I will never be all right with you around me, Chiara."

She could barely hear him. She stepped back. There were burn marks on his arms and chest where the armor didn't cover her. It was only then that she understood her wings had been burning him the whole time. Her stomach turned. "Why did you hold me like that and hurt yourself?"

"It was the only thing keeping my head in the right place," he said, voice low and dangerous. "We can't lose ourselves in the halls if we want to get through them. I gave you what you needed to clear your mind—a little taste of Hell. It also darkened your wings a bit more, so bonus. When we are free from here..."

He paused as t burns on his skin healed from charred black to red, and then raw pink. "Don't think I'll let you go your own way when we reach the Midlands. I will make you mine, for as long as I want you. Until then we have an agreement. I will protect you, even from yourself."

She was shaking. Hell and all its fires. He threatened to keep her as his prisoner when they reached the Midlands, and all she could do was imagine the things he would do to her. She was still shaking from lust, but he wanted her when they left the halls. He wanted to have her on his terms.

These halls....

Lust.

It tugged at her heart, warmed her thighs. The taste of herself from Logan's fingers was in her mouth.

Yet, it was a lie. The desire she felt was a lie, but still, still she desired him.

He was right—he had to protect her, including from herself. Every other demon in this place would go berserk if they found out what she truly was, and then she would never escape. They would never escape.

He was holding up his half of the bargain—get her safely through hell. She had to get her own head back on straight in order to follow his lead.

"Then let's get out through this hall," she said.

He clamped his mouth shut for a long moment. Then he nodded, once, curtly. "Right. This is Gluttony, as I mentioned, but all the sins are here—sloth, envy, greed, pride, wrath, and you've met lust."

Her cheeks flamed at his pointed look.

He continued. "All the sins will work to undo you and your purpose. The halls were made for pleasure and indulgence. Try to resist."

"I'm an angel, I know how to resist—"

"Do you?" he asked, stopping her. "I haven't seen you resisting so far. All right. Keep your head and wings down, stay close and let's move fast."

*** Thank you as always for reading. Hell is a bitch... Hit the star if you enjoyed!!! ***

 Hit the star if you enjoyed!!! ***