Chapter 2 - A Boy Who Harbors Pain

Hiccup awakens from his sleep to hear a loud warning sound outside. Raids. He quickly got out of bed and ran out of the room. He saw Gobber quickly sharpening many weapons and vikings running outside. He saw many dragons flying around and trying to steal food.

"Morning lad!" say Gobber.

"Morning Gobber." Hiccup answered as he helped sharpen the axe.

He saw the residents fighting against the dragon. For 300 years, dragons have regularly made raids in various places, one of which is Berk. They tried to steal every fish and livestock, and the Vikings tried to protect it. Hiccup has always wondered why they would come to a Viking village and steal food. This can get them caught or killed. Why don't they look for food in the sea or somewhere individually? Hiccup feels that there is something that everyone doesn't know yet and that the secret is at the Gates of Helheim. The nest of the dragons that his father and the previous vikings were looking for.

Dragon. A scaly, fire-breathing creature that everyone believed to be a beast and a mindless one. There are many kinds and divided into several categories. Everything is in the dragon book. Read it yourself. However, Hiccup believes there are still many types of dragons out there that are unknown.

The dragons that appear most frequently on Berk during raids are Deadly Nadder, Gronckle, Zippleback and Monstrous Nightmare. Many vikings in Berk competed to defeat and kill the dragons. Beating Deadly Nadder will at least get you acknowledged. Beating Gronckle will get you a girlfriend. Zippleback is a type of cunning dragon that has two heads, one emitting green gas and the other emitting fire containing electric shocks. The Monstrous Nightmare can only be fought by the best vikings, they have a bad habit of setting their bodies on fire on purpose. However, the main prize is Night Fury. Never seen by people, never steal food and never missed a shot. Night Fury uses the power of plasma accuracy which is very troublesome. The unholy descendant of thunder and death itself is greatly feared and never defeated.

Hiccup sees teenagers his age working on putting out the fire. He saw Astrid pouring water on the burning hut. As she passed Hiccup, Astrid gave him a cold look. Hiccup feels hurt. He missed Astrid's warm gaze and sweet smile when they were little. This was all because he was weak and shameful.

"Hey lad, I have to go now," said Gobber as he put an ax hand on his stump. "Requires assistance on the defensive."

Gobber limped off leaving Hiccup alone in the garage. Hiccup comes out of the repair shop and tries to help. He ran to the center of the village while watching the various battles between dragons and vikings. He also saw Snotlout trying to get his ass out of the well.

Just then, Hiccup heard a loud scream from one of the areas on the edge of Berk. He immediately ran and was horrified to see an old woman hugging a girl who she believed was her granddaughter, staring fearfully at the Monstrous Nightmare who was walking slowly towards them. Ready to attack.

"What are they doing?!" said Hiccup panicked to himself. "Are they trying to beat Nightmare as a grandmother and granddaughter duo?!"

Hiccup without a second thought ran, took his shield and attacked the dragon. The dragon looked surprised, ready to attack Hiccup. Hiccup looked back and saw that grandmother and granddaughter still standing there terrified.

"Run!" Hiccup shouted. "Fast!"

The grandmother was silent and her eyes were still fixated on the Monstrous Nightmare who was now emitting flames all over her body. She didn't move when her granddaughter tugged at her hand.

"Come on Grandma, we have to go!" cried the little girl. The grandmother finally came to her senses and ran with her granddaughter. Hiccup is finally alone with the rampaging dragon. Alone. Facing the Monstrous Nightmare. Great.

Hiccup without thinking immediately slammed the shield into the dragon's face. Even though his arm strength wasn't that strong, it could still cause the dragon pain. The dragon roared in pain, then chased Hiccup while emitting hot flames. Hiccup ran scared. The dragon jumps at Hiccup and pins him to the ground. Hiccup screamed in fright.

"HICCUP!" shouted a voice he knew so well. His father.

Stoick ran and attacked Nightmare with his mace. His weapon managed to hit the dragon's head really hard, sending the dragon staggering. His tail hit one of the pillars, knocking it over, causing it to hit another and fall with a crash. Hiccup is horrified to see the pillar with the fire above it fall and set several huts on fire. Hiccup saw Stoick look at the mess, then turned to Hiccup. Hiccup saw expressions of disappointment, annoyance, anger and embarrassment.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING HERE!!" his father's scream was thunderous, so that everyone could hear it. Hiccup winced at this. "I always say don't get involved in raids, and look at the mess you've made!?"

"I-I know, but earlier there was a grandmother and her granddaughter who were cornered by the dragon, I-I was just trying to help," Hiccup stammered. "The dragon will kill them if-"

"ENOUGH!" roared Stoick. "I don't want to hear any excuses."

Hiccup's face fell. Here it is. This is what will happen in the end. Though he was only trying to help.

"I've had enough of you, you're always causing trouble, always making a mess," Stoick said angrily. "I told you to stay inside, but you never listened. You embarrassed me so much, you-

"Are you ashamed because I'm weak?! Are you ashamed because I'm so weak and worthless to be your child?!" Hiccup shouted. His eyes filled with tears and pain. The Vikings who saw Hiccup cry scorned him and called him a crybaby. However, this feud between father and son seems to ignore the surroundings.

Stoick looked at Hiccup coldly.

"Yes." Stoick replied.

Hiccup felt his heart sliced ​​very deep. His father was ashamed for having a son like him. Surely his father wanted a strong, big and muscular son. Hiccup is a failure to be the son he longed to be.

"Then pretend that I'm not your son." Hiccup said coldly.

Hiccup ran into the woods, ignoring his father's reaction and the villagers' murmurs.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Hiccup kept running and running. It doesn't matter where his feet take him. Every now and then he tripped or hit a tree, but he didn't care. His eyes filled with tears. He was so sad. How sad. His father never loved him. He was nothing but trash and a failure to his father. No, he is no longer the father. Stoick is no longer his father.

He arrived at a cove. Raven Point. This cove is beautiful and quiet. Surrounded by tall, shady trees, this place is closed so not many people know this place. Hiccup always comes here to relieve stress or escape from the pursuit of Snotlout and his minions. This place could always calm Hiccup. However, right now it seems that the beauty of this cove can't stem Hiccup's stress.

Hiccup started screaming so loud that it made many birds in the trees fly, causing the birds to turn towards Hiccup and put on an expression that said the boy had gone mad.

Hiccup didn't care. He kept screaming until he couldn't scream anymore. All the suffering, all the pain, he took out from that cry. He's sad, he's angry, he's frustrated.

Hiccup finally stopped screaming and sat down on one of the tree trunks on the ground. He sat holding his head.

A soft growl and footsteps made Hiccup jump in surprise. He looked for the source of the sound. He heard that the sound was coming from the bushes. There was a figure there. What's that?

Hiccup squinted trying to see the figure. The figure slowly approached and started to come out of the bushes. Hiccup who saw the figure began to back away in fear. He tripped and fell to the ground, but his eyes were still glued to the figure.

It was an animal with dark black scales, four legs, big green eyes, and bat wings.

It's a dragon.

Night Fury.