Chapter 7 - Banishment

Hiccup is now being dragged by Stoick to the village. The strong and rough pull made Hiccup's whole body hurt. Stoick's grip is so tight that Hiccup's bones may have broken a few. They passed through the village and received confused and questioning looks from the villagers. They quit their jobs to see what was really going on. They wonder why their tribal leader is dragging Hiccup like a yak to be slaughtered.

The villagers' gazes shifted from confusion to utter hatred as they looked behind Stoick and Hiccup. They saw a jet black dragon being tightly chained by soldiers led by Spitelout. Behind them were Gobber, Phlegma and Astrid. Everyone walked without looking back towards the prison.

As the mob passed the teenagers, Snotlout Jorgenson blocked Astrid's Steps and faced her with a confident smile.

"Hey babe," Snotlout said arrogantly as he tried to put his arm around Astrid, but was quickly pushed away from her. "On an important mission eh? I wonder what Useless did to make himself look like he's about to be sacrificed,"

"Shut up Snotlout," Astrid snapped past Snotlout and the other teenagers. "This is none of your business."

"Oh come on babe, at least tell your future husband what happened?" Snotlout said as he chased Astrid. "As the candidate for the most important person in Berk, at least-"

Before he finished his sentence, Astrid's hard fist hit his nose, causing some fresh blood to come out of his nose. He screamed in pain while screaming femininely, earning his strange looks from some of the villagers. For the residents, all they know is that the Jorgensons are very strong and arrogant Viking warriors. They didn't know that this Jorgenson boy was just big-mouthed and lame.

"First don't call me 'babe'," Astrid shouted angrily, continuing to threaten the terrified Jorgenson boy. "And secondly, you won't be my future husband let alone husband, I'd rather marry a giant dragon than marry you damn it!"

With that, Astrid made her way through the crowd of teenagers, snorting angrily. Tuffnut and Ruffnut Thorston drag a pained Snotlout out of the crowd, before he is again humiliated in front of the villagers.

Fishlegs Ingerman watched from the front of his house in the distance of the crowd, he was standing with his parents who had just emerged from inside the house.

"Jeez, what else did he do this time?" Ella Ingerman asked her husband. She knew the Stoick son liked to stir up troubling trouble, but getting himself dragged along like that was something else. And again there is a black dragon dragged by Spitelout's best warriors.

"I don't know, maybe that arrogant kid Jorgenson is flirting with Harold's daughter again," replied Bufflegs Ingerman rambling.

"For God's sake, I'm not asking about the teenage feud, but about Stoick's son!" Ella exclaimed annoyed, hitting her husband's arm hard enough. The Bufflegs arms, which were big and muscular, were not enough to withstand the pain caused by his wife's super punches.

"Maybe chief will tell you what happened later," Bufflegs said, stroking his arm. "But based on my instincts, something must be weird, I mean dragon was chained instead of slain, you know Stoick's nature right?"

Fishlegs Ingerman just stared at Hiccup who was being dragged away by their chief. They seemed to be walking towards the prison. Stoick continues to carry Hiccup regardless of whether he is in pain or discomfort. It was difficult to see their expressions from a distance. All he could see were Hiccup's resigned motions and the black dragon's thrashing motions. He was sure that it was a Night Fury. Not many had ever seen the dragon in person, so naturally not many people would know.

Fishlegs was a bit scared of what happened to his former best friend. What had he done to get Stoick dragged like this? When Stoick enters the prison carrying Hiccup, they are joined by Gobber and Phlegma. Astrid, who was actually planning to come along, was told by Gobber to go back to her house and said that they would take care of the rest. Of course the shield girl didn't obey so easily, as the best teenage viking she wanted to follow to the end, but she had to return to her parents when she received direct orders from Stoick.