Gamers Convention Part 1

The next morning...

Pen's POV:
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY FLIPPING GOSH TODAY'S THE DAY!
Don't judge me... It's the day of the Gaming Convention! I quickly sat up in my bed, smiling. Pencil had told me that she, Match, and Eraser would show up at my house at 8:30 to get the most amount of time in. I looked at my alarm clock. It was 7:30. I had an hour before the others would get here. I rushed downstairs and found a plate of doughnuts on the table. Yessss!!! I grabbed a doughnut and ate it. Mmm... So good... I thought to myself. "These are so good..." I said out loud. "I'd hope so. I made them early this morning," I heard a voice say. I jumped from being startled and turned around to see none other than Pencil. "Wha?? When did you get here?!" I asked. "You mother let me in. I woke up at four this morning and made them. I then brought them over here since I figured you and the others would want some," she explained. "Ohhh... I see... You must've gotten here before she left for work..." I said. "Wait, she leaves for work at six in the morning... You've been here for an hour and a half???" I asked. "Two hours actually. I got here at 5:30. You know, your mother's a really nice and interesting person... I had no idea she was a detective!" she exclaimed. Wow, my mother told Pencil that? She hardly tells anyone that she's a detective. The only other people who knew about this was my dad, my other relatives, the people who work with her, and Eraser. She never lets anyone else know she's a detective... Even her friends... I wonder why she told Pencil... I mentally shrugged and said with a slightly sad tone, "Yeah... She's pretty neat alright..." She looked at me with a look of concern. "Pen? Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded, lying. "You sure? It doesn't seem like it..." she asked again. I sighed. "Pen, you can tell me what's wrong... We're friends... I promise you, I won't tell anyone," she said. I sighed again. "Okay..." I finally replied. "You see... My mom's not around often... She's a detective, so she leaves the house early and gets home late every day... I don't get to see her often..." I explained. "What about your dad? Isn't he ever here?" she suddenly asked. The second she mentioned that, I felt a huge pain in my heart. "He... He... Let's just say... He's in a better place right now..." I said tearfully. She gasped. "Omg, I'm so sorry... I had no idea..." she apologized, many times. "It's... It's okay... He was in the army... And he had gone to war... But... He was shot... Dead..." I slowly explained, then sat down on my couch. No... Don't cry... Hold back the tears... I kept ordering myself. "Aww... I'm so sorry..." she said again. She sat down next to me on the couch. "It must be tough... Having no father... And not seeing your mother often..." she said slowly, then looked at me. "Pen... Are you... Were you about to cry?" she then asked. "Um, I, uh, no...?" I lied. She moved close to me, now there was no space between us. "Pen... You... You can cry if you want to... I won't judge... You'll still be the strong Pen I know..." she said, a small smile appearing on her face. I smiled slightly. I suddenly noticed that she seemed to be tearing up as well. "Pencil...? You alright...?" I asked. "I'm sorry... I, um, get slightly emotional about this kinda stuff... It's not your fault..." she said, then I noticed a tear slip from her left eye. I put an arm around her, side hugging her, and she placed her head on my shoulder. I rested my head on hers, and then felt a tear finally escape from my eye. I suddenly heard the door open. "Hey we're he- Oh... Um... Did... Did I interrupt something?" Eraser said, staring at us. Wow time went by fast... Pencil and I quickly stood up and turned around to face Eraser and Match, who were standing by the door. "Um... Uh... No... Nothing happened..." I said. I then mentally facepalmed. Why did I say it like that?! Eraser and Match gave us odd looks. "Okay then..." Match said. She then looked closely at Pencil. "Hmm..." she said, looking even closer at her. "Um... What she doing...?" I asked Eraser. "Don't ask me, I have no clue," he replied. "OMW PENCIL! What did he, like, do to you, did he, like, hurt you?!" Match suddenly exclaimed. She then got up in my face and asked angrily, "What did you, like, do to her...?!" "Wh-what're you talking about?! I d-didn't do a-anything!!!" I exclaimed, slightly scared. "Match! He didn't do anything!" Pencil told Match. "Then why is there, like, a tear stain on your face?" Match asked. Okay, how does she even notice that??? "I... Um..." she hesitated, then looked at me. I gave her a look said, "Please don't tell her or Eraser." She then said, "I... Pen and I were watching a movie while waiting for you two and... It got really emotional... You know how I get emotional during sad movies! Heh..." she said. Match then looked at the TV. "Nothing's turned on..." Match said. "That's because it got way too emotional, so we turned it off," I then said. "Okay then... Anyw- Ooh! Pencil's, like, homemade doughnuts!" she exclaimed, then rushed over to them. Eraser then followed her. I looked at Pencil and quietly said, "Nice save." "Thanks, you too," she replied. "And... Thanks for not telling them..." I added. "No prob!" she said, smiling. "Hey, how'd Match know those were your doughnuts?" I suddenly wondered. "She has a talent for knowing that..." she replied. We both laughed. We walked over to Match and Eraser and ate some more doughnuts and chatted with each other.

Pencil's POV:
Omg... Why... Why did I say that earlier... You'll still be the strong Pen I know??? Really??? Well, that was dumb... And embarrassing... I don't know why I said that... And now I'm blushing... Great... Just great... We finished eating doughnuts and decided to leave. We got into Pen's car, him driving of course. I got in the passenger's seat and Match and Eraser got in the back of the car. Pen then started driving. The convention was about thirty minutes away, so it wasn't too terribly far. I smiled as I looked outside. We continued driving along. I saw Pen check the car mirror while we were at a red light, but he made an odd face. It seemed to be a mixture of surprise, creeped out, and disgusted. "Okay, really guys??? Do have to be making out right now?" Pen suddenly asked. I turned around and saw Eraser and Match intensely kissing. "Yeah... Pen's right... Um..." I said. They didn't say anything but stopped anyway. I sighed and I heard Pen sigh too. We kept driving along. We started driving on an empty road when suddenly, Pen slammed the brakes. I practically flew forward and almost hit my face on the dashboard. "Dude! What the heck???" Eraser asked. Pen then ran out of the car. "Pen?! What're you doing???" I asked. Confused, I got out of the car as well. Wait a second... Was Pen... Was he holding a cat??? "Pen! What's with the cat?" I asked. "Almost ran over it..." he said. I walked over to him. "Aww..." I quietly said. "Hmm... No collar..." he said. "Aww... Poor little guy..." I said, looking at the little orange tabby kitten. "Well... We can't just leave her here..." Pen said. "How do you know it's a girl? It could be a boy," I pointed out. "I checked..." was his answer. An odd look formed on my face. "Okay, I didn't need to know that..." I said. He laughed and walked back to the car with me. "Omg, is that, like, a kitten?" Match asked. "Yep!" I replied. Pen then handed the kitten to me. "Wait, why am I holding her?" I asked. "Uh, I'm driving this car? I can't hold her while driving!" he replied. "Oh, right," I said, now feeling stupid. "But what do we do with her when we get to the convention?" he then asked. "I'm not sure..." I said. "We'll have to figure something out," he said. We thought for a bit. No ideas. "I've actually wanted a cat for a while..." I randomly said. "Really? Well, if it isn't anyone's, then you could keep her!" Pen said. "Wait! Idea! Lemme check the trunk," he then added. He got out of the car once again and soon came back with a cat carrier. "Pen... You don't have a cat... Why do you have a cat carrier?" Eraser asked. "I have it for my uncle. He has a cat. I watch him sometimes," he answered. He opened the carrier and I placed the kitten inside. It looked soft and cozy in there. We started driving again. Soon, the kitten fell asleep. "Aww... She's so adorable..." I said. We drove along continuing until we reached the convention. I suddenly noticed a cat care center. "Hey, we could drop off the kitten there!" I said, pointing to the nearby building. "Good idea!" Pen said. The four of us got out of the car and walked to the cat care center. We dropped off the kitten and then went inside the convention building. We got our tickets and stepped inside. "Wow..." Pen and I said simultaneously. It's like a gaming wonderland in here! I looked around in awe, seeing all this amazing stuff in here. I looked at Pen and he seemed to be having the same reaction. "So... Amazing..." he said. The four of us walked together, looking at all the different things in the building. I kept smiling, and so did Pen and Eraser. Match looked a bit bored but I bet something will get her excited. We walked around a bit, but soon, I needed to use the restroom. "Guys, I'll be right back. I'm gonna go to the restroom," I told them, pointing in the direction of a nearby bathroom. "Okay, we'll be by the concessions stand over there," Pen said, pointing. I then walked over towards the bathrooms. I was about to walk inside when I suddenly felt a large hand on my shoulder. "Well hello again," I heard a deep voice say.

A/N: Yay! A kitten! 😂
Yay! The Gamers Convention! 😂
Yay! Another cliffhanger! Wait a minute... 😅😂
Anyway... Who is this person? Also, I need name suggestions for the kitten! Feminine names obviously... Or gender neutral... Either way... 😂
See you next week!