The Inanimate Carnival

A/N: I want to dedicate this chapter to my younger cousin for giving me the idea of Pen and Pencil pairing Eraser and Match at a carnival! If you read this, you know who you are! Thanks!

Pen's POV:
Eventually, this Saturday came and I was excited. Eraser, Match, and Pencil walked out of the school with me and we headed for the carnival. "OMW this is so, like, exciting!" Match exclaimed. "I know right?" Pencil responded. We walked for about five more minutes and finally reached the carnival. "This is gonna be so much fun!" Pencil said happily. We went to the ticket booth to buy some ticket bracelets (you know, those bracelets you wear to do all the rides and such). I noticed Pencil was about to take her wallet out to buy her bracelet. I quickly put my hand on her's, stopping her from taking the wallet out. She looked at me and I noticed that her face was slightly pink. Probably just the heat. She stared and asked, "What're you doing?" I smiled. "Don't take your wallet out," I said. "But I need it t-" she started. I interrupted her saying, "I'm paying for it." "But, you don't have t-" she started again. "No, I said I'll pay for it," I interrupted once again. She reluctantly took her hand out of her purse, without the wallet, and let me pay for it. I handed her the bracelet I bought. I bought another one for myself. Eraser bought two bracelets, one for him and one for Match, and they put their's on. We walked into the carnival. "So, what're we doing first?" Eraser asked me. Pencil and I looked at each other. We weren't gonna go to the Ferris wheel until the fireworks. "Um, how about the one that goes in a circle?" I asked. They nodded and we walked over. (A/N: I know a ride like this) We got in line and waited for our turn. It didn't take too long. We got on one of the end seats (which would be the scariest). Pencil and I made sure that Eraser and Match were facing each other. Each section had four seats, two facing one direction and the other two facing the other. So basically, Eraser and Match were facing each other and Pencil and I were facing each other. I had sat down next to Eraser and Pencil was next to Match. The harnesses made it hard to turn your head to the side so they'd pretty much have to look at each other. And this means I'd look at Pencil. And she'd look at me. "So, you all ready?" I asked. "Yep!" Pencil responded. "I was born ready!" Eraser said. I heard Match giggle a bit. That's a good sign. I looked at Pencil. She was smiling. Guess she noticed too. "I'm, like, totally ready!" Match said. The ride started. The ride slowly moved back and forth, going higher each time. Eventually it was hanging upside down for what felt like forever. I could hear the other people screaming in fear and excitement. I noticed Pencil wasn't screaming. In fact, she didn't look scared at all. She's brave. I smiled and closed my eyes, feeling the breeze. I opened my eyes after a few seconds, wanting to see what was happening. The ride slowly started to go lower and lower.

Pencil's POV:
I wasn't scared on the ride. I thinking too much about how Pen bought the bracelet for me. And how he touched my hand to keep me from getting the wallet. I could still feel the heat from when I blushed earlier. The ride was slowing down but when it only reached about half-way up (the higher end being the side me and the others where on) it stopped. I've been on this ride before, and that's not supposed to happen. My eyes widened in surprise and I noticed other people murmuring about the ride stopping. Suddenly, the ride attendant said on a megaphone, "We're sorry, but the ride seems to be having technical difficulties and I'm afraid you'll be stuck on here until it's fixed. The group on the very end down here though may get off, but be extra careful." I watched as the group on the other end left the ride. "The rest of you will have to wait a bit. Sorry again," the attendant said. I sighed. "Seriously?!" Eraser shouted repeatedly. "Dude, stop, you're just embarrassing yourself," Pen said. I was on the very end side, meaning Match and I are facing downward while the boys are facing upward. Just from listening to Match, I could tell she was freaking out. She probably would've been better off facing up but down, well, she could see where she could fall. Everyone on the ride just waited for it to be fixed. After about five minutes, I heard something. It sounded like the ride was working again! The people cheered in happiness. I was glad. I didn't want to waste all the time I had today stuck on this ride.