The Bar

*No One's Pov*

It was a ragged old place filled with bearded old men, who clearly did not respect women. When the girls walked in, they got a few looks as well as smirks.

"Hey, what can I get ya ladies?"

"Nothing. Just looking for someone." Said Kim.

"Who?"

"Me." Said Diaz as he tapped Kim on the shoulder.

"Well, that was easy. Anything suspicious like back at the house?" Asked Kim towards Kayla, which caused her to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Diaz, is there some place we can talk?"

"Yeah. Let's leave this place." He said and the girls followed him out.

"I didn't kill that family."

"Then why blow up your mother's house?"

"Blo...what? No. That wasn't me. I don't have anything to do with this. I was in that bar, trying to figure out what happened to them."

"Why not just leave it to the police?" Asked Kim.

"I am the police."

"Yeah. I've heard that one before." Said Kayla.

"I'm being serious. I've changed."

"Really?"

"Nah, I'm just playing. Listen, I was at the Woodley Foster home the night that family was killed. It weren't me."

"Doesn't mean you couldn't have provided the gas. You could've dealt it a week maybe even a month before."

"It's not me."

"The boys checked with the lady at the foster home, his alibi checks out but Sarge still wants to talk to him." Said Kim.

"You're not under arrest." Said Kayla as she lightly pulled him towards their car.

"I would never do that to someone, not after what I went through. You gotta understand, right?" He said towards Kayla as Kim gave her a weird look.

"Tell Hank that I want to be the one to interview him." Said Kayla as she began driving.

"He said no."

"I don't care. Tell him, I want to be in the room."

"He said no."

"Call him."

"We're almost there so you can tell him yourself."

The second they got out of the car, Hank met them at the steps and took Diaz off of them.

"No." Said Hank as Kayla went to speak.

"I want her. Please." Begged Diaz.

"You gotta listen to the client." Said Kayla.

"He's not our client and fine. You sit in that room but you stay quiet. I don't want a word from you."

The room was bland with a steel grey table and a chair to accompany it. Kayla settled herself in the corner and sat on the bench behind the chair while Hank stood in front and laid out pictures.

"Gas, supplied by your company." Said Hank and Kayla picked up the spare copy to look.

"Yeah, I made deals with them in the past. But it ain't like that no more. Listen, you got your way to make money and I've got mine. But I ain't do that. Hell, I don't kill no one."

"What kind of deals?" Asked Hank as he started to grow impatient.

"Listen, that home has been abandoned. The government don't care for it no more. I grew up there, I know what it's like. It's a cheap but friendly place to stay in, they look after ya'll real good but they are struggling. Government ain't giving them new gas tankers so yeah, I made a deal with them that I would give them some money once a month if they could get me tankers as well as sort out any problems they got up at the house. I didn't kill no one."