Author's Notes

Great! So this is the end for our Love at Dawn! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have enjoyed it.

Of course, this is obviously not the end of the whole story. A sequel will be coming out soon, via time skips and location switches, where Edith and Fiona will continue their respective growth and quest, and with a fateful reunion in the future! The mystery of Andre will also be truly revealed very soon.

I'm so excited to finish it because it's the first story I've written (and also the first time I've written a novel in English). As you can see, it may be immature in many ways, perhaps unconsciously imitating various classics here and there in many aspects like plot, character and atmosphere.

I am most proud of Edith, who I consider to be the most original and unique one of my characters. The subplot of Fiona was inspired by a short story by 19th century Norwegian writer Alexander Kielland, A Ball-Mood, and in fact could almost be read as an expansion of it. When I read that short story many years ago, I was very impressed with the heroine. But I also wondered: how did she grow up, what thoughts, pains and happiness did she have, and what particular experiences, apart from her particular class identity, did her gender likely bring to her in those times? That's why I added Fiona's story.

So, thank you again for your time! And if you have any doubts about the story, feel free to ask me here! See you in the next book! <3