Chapter 5

Chaya

I opened the door and there was Arya standing next to a-

I closed my eyes, covered my ears with my hands and shouted because some weird looking thing was standing next to Arya.

After a while I opened my eyes and saw both of them still standing there and Aditya, Ashutosh and Advik standing next to me.

"Bhabhi-" Arya started and I slowly walked towards Aditya and stood behind him.

"She...is Piya Bhabhi don't be scared....she kinda fell on the street so that's why she is covered in mud but she is still a human don't worry" she finished and I peeked towards them and saw Piya elbowing her.

"Get inside both of you" Aditya said.

They did and Arya took her friend to her room. Advik locked the door. The rest of us came back to the living room.

Ashutosh lied on the sofa, closed his eyes and asked "Is there anything to eat?"

"Main abhi kuch banake leke aati hoon hum sab ke liye" after saying that I walked towards the kitchen.

Now what can I cook. It is raining outside and it's past 11 so something that can be prepared fast and easy somewhat like a snack.....Hmm. I searched through the cabinets and found some packets of ramen. It will work I hope.

*

Everyone was sitting at the dinning table when I brought the ramen. After serving everyone I sat too.

(Imagine that they are sitting like this inside of the house and there is only ramen on the table)

(And if anyone has a doubt why Ashutosh is sitting between Arya and Piya because they are comfortable with each other. Piya is Arya's best friend from kindergarten. The Raghuwanshi bungalow is like a second house to her.)

"You have changed" Ashutosh said and I confusedly looked towards him. "I mean when we were in the college you were the one who hated serving".

"Well things have changed I am not the Chaya you knew in the university anymore.... Getting married changes your personality a little bit." I finished with a smile on my face.

Thinking about it I have actually changed not alot but some of the things have changed. If only Aditya was loving as I wanted him to be maybe then the things might have been better. But I am happy how my life turned out after my marriage.

"Don't you regret getting married?" Piya asked me.

"No it feels very nice getting married" I started and looked towards Aditya who was eating peacefully without looking at others. "Although I was a little skeptical about getting married to someone I never saw but I don't regret it. I don't think I would have found someone so handsome as my Aditya and-"

Aditya started coughing before I could continue I poured a glass of water and gave it to him and slightly patted his back.

"Are you okay Bhai?" Advik asked laughing at his brother.

He nodded his head still coughing.

There was silence for a while before Arya cleared her throat "So how was your day Bhabhi?" Now everyone was looking at me even Aditya.

"Uhh I well I did some chores and read my favourite book..."

Ashu was looking at me like I have said something that is alien to him so I asked him "What?"

"You didn't do anything today right" he said which was more like accusing.

"I read a book okay that is productive" I said looking down embarrassed.

"I take my words back, you haven't changed you are still that lazy kitten I knew"

When he said that I looked at him in disbelief like how can he say something like that I was about to say something when Arya said "Kitten?"

Kitten-he called me kitten infront of everyone oh god what should I do what should I-

"Bhabhi was known as the Kitten in our university.... and like everyone used to call her that because.... because how she was back then" I looked towards Advik in relief and passed him a small smile.

"Wow bhabhi you were pretty popular if everyone used to call you like that" Arya said and looked towards Aditya "Why don't you call Bhabhi kitten Bhai?"

This time Ashu was the one who choked, Advik was scratching his neck, I was stunned by what she said, Aditya was looking no glaring at his little sister who was laughing and I never saw Piya this uncomfortable. Sometimes I genuinely hate my life.

*

I was at the kitchen washing the dishes when Ashu came there.

"I am sorry" was the first thing he said "I didn't mean to it's just came out of my mouth. It's weird you know- "

"Ashu-tosh it is weird for me too. You don't have to say sorry I know that you didn't mean to call me that, it is just a habit. Let's just forget what happened tonight and start new, what do you say devar ji?"

He smiled "Sure Bhabhi your wish is my command" We looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Good night Ashu" I said.

"Good night Bhabhi" he looked at me for a while then turned around leaving the kitchen.

*

I opened the door of my room quietly got inside and closed it behind me. I looked towards the bed where Aditya was lying down. I walked towards him and stood infront of him. He looks like an angel when he is sleeping. I placed a kiss on his cheek "sleep well pati dev" I said and smiled.

I went towards my side of the bed and lay down. Everything would be fine someday. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

What do you think about Ashutosh?

Don't forget to vote.