Chapter 8

Chaya

I was going downstairs when my phone beeped indicating someone texted me so I checked the message which said

"Wish you a very happy birthday my love."

I turned off my phone after reading the message.

I thought he left from my life after the accident because he never came back after that day. I didn't even get any text and I thought it's because I got married now so he won't try to do anything like before.

If he texted me that means he will come here too I-I can't let that happen. He did enough damage at the first time I can't allow him to come back and ruin my life now. Chaya...Chaya think something what to do whom should I tell about him who can help me who......

Kanvi yes Kanvi I need to call her and tell her-

"Chaya...Bhabhi when are you coming down this year or next year" I heard Ashu shouting.

Chaya breathe in.... hold... breathe out. Let's come back home then talk to Kanvi about him and let's not think about him for now. Just relax. He is not going to come here today, if he was then he wouldn't have texted me so just relax.

"Chaya" I heard Ashu calling my name.

"I am coming Ashu..tosh"

"I can do it. Fighting Chaya!!"

"What can you do Beta?"

I turned around and saw Chachi looking at me curiously.

"No-nothing Chachi wo pehle baar main NGO ja rahi hu na to thoda sa dar lag raha hai bas" I tried my best to smile at her.

She held my hands and gave them a little squeeze " I know Beta I was nervous at the first time too but gradually the nervousness flew away. So don't worry it will be fine hmm" she smiled at me.

"Ab jao Ashu wait kar raha hai tumhara" I nodded and touched her feet for blessings. "Good luck Chaya"

"Thanks Chachi. Bye."

"Sambhal ke jaana"

"Ji Chachi"

Then I took my leave and went down where Ashu was waiting for me, who seemed annoyed like really annoyed. When I reached where he was standing he looked at me then at his watch.

"Bhabhi chale?"

I slightly nodded my head. Don't want to make him angry as well.

When we reached the car he opened the door for me. Still the gentleman I knew. Then he went to the driver's seat."Buckle your seatbelt Chaya" saying he buckled his seatbelt. And I did too. Then he started the engine.

"Wanna eat something?" he asked looking straight.

"Naah I am good" I replied looking outside the window.

"You didn't tell anyone"

"What?" I questioned.

"About your birthday Chaya"

Now I looked towards him. "You know that I don't celebrate right".

"I know but don't you think they should know about it. You could have done all the rituals and stuffs you used to do with your father" he said and looked towards me.

"It's just..." I sighed and looked outside again.

There was silence for a few beats then I spoke again.

"Ashutosh let's not do this okay. It's not like you don't know the real reason about it so please I request you not to bring it again. Talking about the family members why I didn't tell them? Because I am not ready yet when I will be then only I will tell them about it. I hope you understand."