18. Long Drive

Shobhana's pov

Seeing that Shubman is here, I have been planning on taking him around Bangalore today.

I wouldn't have to worry cause Sundar had gone out with Meena for planning the invitations and other stuff.

Honestly, I think I'll just take him out for dinner or something.

SHUB

Hey babe!
Get ready by 5 pm
I'll pick you up!

Of course!

Currently, the clock showed 1 pm. A knock on the door pulled me out of my trance.

When I opened the door I found Rahul, the 13-year-old boy who stays next door.

"Akka (sister) come play cricket with us! We miss you" he pouted. Sighing I nodded in agreement.

"Ok, I'll meet you guys there," I answered as he smiled before running off.

I went to my room before taking my bat downstairs to join the boys.

I nearly played for 3 hours straight.  At about 4 pm I rushed home and ran straight to my room. Quickly taking a shower I got dressed.

I then wore my white Converse before taking my car keys and locking the door

I set the location for Shubman's place before starting to drive.

I pulled up in the driveway at 4:50 pm and saw Shubman coming out. 

"Get in the car, " I smiled as he did.

"Well where are we going? " he asked. "Well, where do you wanna go? " I asked him.

"You wanna go for a long drive?" he asked.  "Why not? " I smiled before starting to drive.

"It's a date then, " he smirked.

"That's my line." I laughed.

"So how's university going on? " he asked turning on the music. 

"Well seeing that I have done pretty much 5 huge internships,  I'm not required to write my final exams.  I just have to finish the project and I'm done, " I smiled.

"Wow.  By the way which internships like whom all did you click photos off? " he asked.

"Umm, my first one was Shahrukh Khan,  the second one was Vijay and Samantha, the third was Anushka Sharma,  the fourth was for a music video and lastly was ipl," I answered. 

When I turned I saw him staring at me wide-eyed. 

"Holy shit they are all huge people! " he exclaimed.

"It's nothing apart from the fact I got to click pictures with them, " I laughed.

When I noticed Miss Americana and the heartbreak prince I couldn't help but sing the line out glancing at Shubman.

"It's you and me,  that's my whole world, " I mutter as I drove down the street.

"Can you stop the car? " he asked as I nodded,  stopping the car.  He got out and so did I. I saw him type something on his phone before keeping it in my car.

"Dance with me, " he smiled pulling me by my hand. I smiled looking around. 

It was an empty field.

"It's been a long time coming, but
I

t's you and me, that's my whole world" he sang dancing with me.

"You heard me, didn't you? " I asked.  "I would be a fool if I didn't, " he whispered placing his forehead on mine smiling.

"I promise you I would never be your heartbreak prince. Okay? " he replied as I nodded before connecting my lips to his.