30. Mending And Cafe Meets

Shobhanas pov

"No way!  You did not just do that! " I laughed before taking a sip of my drink.

"Oh I did. " he laughed.

"Remember how you watched me leave
But if it's okay with you, it's okay with me" I spoke as he nodded.

"We could call it even," he admitted.

"Anyway, what's the time? " I asked as he looked up at the clock. "3 am, " he muttered yawning.

"You go to sleep.  I'll finish my work, " I muttered getting up from the floor and taking the glasses to the kitchen.

"Nah I'll just sit here, " he said as I shrugged.

"Okay, " I muttered taking my seat on the couch before placing the laptop on my lap. I then started preparing the details for Taylor's photo shoot.

It was 4 in the morning when I noticed Shubman fast asleep on the single-seater couch.

I adjusted his head keeping a pillow beneath his head and covered him with a blanket.

I then cleared the couch where I was seated,  packing the notebook and laptop into my bag.

Shubman and I had made up. It was a miscommunication that led to unexpected situations.

Well, shit happens.

Anyway after successfully pulling an all-nighter I made myself a coffee.

I stood on the balcony as the soft breeze touched my face. It was calm. I then plugged in my AirPods and played Taylor Swift on shuffle.

I was singing along at a very less volume as Shubman was sleeping.

What I don't know was that it was 5 in the morning and Shubman had woken up.

"Shobi, " he muttered rubbing his eyes with one hand and patting my shoulder with the other.

"Oh hey you woke up, " I smiled removing my AirPods.

"Yeah, " he yawned. "what are your plans for today? " I asked him.

"Nothing. What about you? " he asked.

"I have to meet Taylor at the cafe.  You wanna come along? " I asked as he nodded.

"Where are staying by the way? " I asked him.  "Some hotel. "

"Dude check out. There is enough room here. Come over here with your stuff. " I smiled.

"Will do,  you're the best!" he cheered before hugging me tight.
It's been 5 months since I have been in his embrace.

"I'll go get my stuff," he spoke before leaving.

I then connected the music to the speaker and continued doing my work while the music played.

It was 9 am when he came back with his things. We then arranged his things in the other room.

After we had breakfast,  we both got ready as we had to meet Taylor at the cafe.

"You look great, " we spoke at the same time making us laugh

"Let's go yeah? " I asked taking my bag as he nodded.

We then left my flat before approaching my car. I got into the driver's seat as he got into the passenger seat.

He then switched on the radio and WANEGBT started playing making the atmosphere awkward.

"Uhhh, " I trailed off as he nodded.  "Yeah. "

"Let me just change it quick, " I muttered.

I changed the song and STYLE started playing.  "Yeah much better, " he muttered making me laugh.

"God I missed your laugh so much," he laughed.  "I missed yours too, " I admitted.

We soon arrived at the cafe and made our way inside.  A few minutes later Taylor came in.

"Hi hi, " she cheered hugging me. Shubman couldn't help but smile.

She gave a hug to Shubman as well before taking her seat.  We got along so well that we got distracted from work at times.

"I'll definitely check my schedule and let you know, " she smiled before we spoke a little more and parted ways.

"You met your idol, " Shubman smiled.  "I met my idol, " I smiled.

"Ohmygod I actually talked with her, " I exclaimed as he laughed.