28. Still Love You

Ishans pov

Honestly, everyone is angry with Shubman. No one expected him to react like this. And I never expected my otp to break up.

Did he get jealous of Shobhana just because she got her job in NYC Vogue?

No one could find Shobi after she left. When I came back I noticed the gift she gave on the floor.

I picked it up and I could feel something broken inside.

I noticed Shubman sitting beside me but I ignored him.  I opened the gift wrapper to reveal a shattered photo frame and a watch.

I glared at Shubman but he just sighed.

I removed the broken glass particles from the photo frame and kept it near him with the watch.

I saw him pick up the photo frame. His eyes went soft seeing the picture.

He rubbed his face.  "Why would you do that? " I ask him.

He just shook his head.

"My best friend is heartbroken because of you. And why?  You seriously thought she used you?  All because of some random side who put this thought in your head. I hate you, man. " I exclaimed.

"I fucked up. Big time, " he muttered with his head in his hand.

"I don't think you are getting her back anytime soon. " I answered before walking away.

Virat's pov.

"Anushka!" I called my wife as I entered our house with Shobhana. I insisted she comes with her things to our place.

"Hey you're back, I just made dinner," she smiled but when she saw Shobhana her smile dropped. 

"What happened to her? " she muttered.  "I'll tell you later," I answered as she nodded.

"You wanna eat sweetheart?  I just made paratha? " Anushka asked Shobhana.

"It's alright. I'm not hungry. Thanks though, " she smiled as my wife nodded.

"Okay come on I'll show you the room you'll be staying in tonight," I spoke.

"Are you sure?  I don't wanna intrude, " she spoke.  "It's totally fine come on, " I smiled before taking her to our guest room. I left her there before coming down for dinner.

"Tell me what happened. I have never seen her like this, " Anushka spoke as we sat down to eat.

I fully explained what happened as we ate.

"What got into his head? He is going to regret it so much. I bet he is probably going to end up at her doorstep real soon, " she answered.

"I'm sure of that too."

Third pov

Shobhana stayed at their place for about 3 days due to the flight ticket. The girl wanted to spend time with her boyfriend but in return, she got heartbroken.

Ishan, Abhay,  Kriti and Riya (Abhishek's girlfriend) came and visited her but Shubman never came.

Shobhana had come back to NYC a week ago. Her cheery self was lost. She started drinking more. In a limit though cause she didn't want to spoil her health.

Susan and James tried to help her. They did. The 2 took her along with them wherever they went.

Shobhana cried herself to sleep. She soon found a flat for herself and went there. Susan and James visited her from time to time.

Her friends from India had come to visit her too. They, unfortunately, had to return due to work.

Unlike other people, she didn't change much. She still stayed the same.

She soon turned 20. That was the only day she was quite happy.

Only because her favourite singer, Taylor Swift turned 30 the same day as herself.

4 months without Shubman. She didn't know what he was doing.

She still loved him.

She just hoped that he wouldn't break someone else's heart like he did with hers.