A New Beginning

I woke up the next day, the sun shining through the parted curtains. Tom was snoring lightly with his arms wrapped around me and Bill had his head on my legs. They both looked adorable. I slipped out of bed carefully then placed a pillow underneath both of their heads before leaving the room. I couldn't believe that I was dropping out of university and moving to Germany in the evening - everything seemed surreal.

As I entered the hallway I heard a light knock on the door. I went and opened it and saw Sarah standing in the doorway. I had texted her the night before, telling her all of the details and she insisted she had to come by the next day to say goodbye. She had a bouquet of flowers in her hand and I noticed tears gleaming across her face in the sunlight. "I'm going to miss you so much" she said in between choked tears. I pulled her in and gave her a big hug and we stayed like that crying simultaneously until suddenly, we heard a creak from in the hallway. Bill had woken up (unsurprisingly as we were bawling like babies). He stood there staring at us, a curious expression on his face as his eyes searched up and down Sarah's skirt. "Oh. My. God." Sarah whispered and I knew she was about to start freaking out. I tried to hold her back but it was too late. "BILL!" she screamed, running at him and throwing her arms around him. He placed his arms around her waist, hugging her back as he looked over at me, his eyes wide open as though he were being held hostage which made me laugh.

Tom had now come out of the room, obviously awoken by all of the noise. Sarah looked as though she were about to freak out again so I had to sit her down on the couch before she started attacking him as well. I couldn't blame her, I had reacted in a similar way when I had first met them. Bill sat down beside her, admiring her outfit and she twirled his hair between her fingers as he explained his elaborate hair routine. I had to admit, they looked cute together. Tom walked over to me and gave me a sleepy kiss which made them both go "oooh" in an annoying monotone - they were literally the same person in different fonts. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the counter top to make some breakfast.

 I rolled my eyes and walked over to the counter top to make some breakfast