Chapter 6 - Avni's Birthday Gift

At around 9 AM, the doorbell rang, making Avni anxious. She was anxious because she knew Neil was not alone, and she was nervous because she didn't know who was coming with him.

So, she anxiously moved to open the door but was fairly surprised on seeing the faces of the guests.

Neil was not there at the door. Instead, Prakash, Shweta, and Bebe were standing with smiling faces. And Avni also got very happy seeing them.

But at the same time, she got nervous, as she thought what would happen if Neil told them the truth? So, after welcoming them and making them seated, she gently put a hand over Shweta's hand and asked:

"Mummy ji, ghar me sab theek hai na?"

"Are haan, Avni, sab changa, aur tum batao?"

"Wo, Neil nahi dikh raha..."

"Haan, wo gaari park karke ayega thori der me"

"Rukie main aap sabke lie naashta lekar aati hun"

"Okk, but Mogli kaha hai?"

"Thori der pahale to room me hi tha, pata nahi kaha gaya?"

"Accha aa jaega baad mein, chal hum baate karte hain"

"Okk"

Meanwhile in the garden area...

Neil had parked the car and was going towards the apartment when Mogli pulled him from behind...

"Hey Tiger, tu yaha kya kar raha hai?"

"Aap hi ne to kaha tha, secret bahar nahi aani chahie..."

Mogli passed a piece of paper to him while saying this. Neil smiled at the innocence of his son.

"Hmm, good job 👍"

"Waise aap yaha kar kya rahe ho itne subah subah?"

"Waise, tujhe ek aur secret bataun?"

"Ab kaunsa secret"

"Aaj tere Mumma ka birthday hai"

"Kya, really?? But ye to mujhe bhi nahi pata tha to aapko kaise pata?"

"Beta tere maa banne se pahale biwi thi wo meri 😋"

"Acha.. Par mujhe nahi lagta unhe yaad hai"

"Hmm.. I know"

"To ab hum kya karenge?"

"Surprise denge"

"Par surprise dene ke lie gift kaha hai?"

"Ye hai na!"

Neil said while waving the piece of paper that Mogli had given to him seconds ago.

"Isse kya hoga?"

"Isise sab hoga, chal dikhata hun"

Back to the apartment...

Though Shweta and Bebe were talking about a very diverse set of topics today, starting from Maddy and Kareena to Bheema ke bete ka 10th result, Avni's thoughts were roaming around somewhere else. She was eagerly waiting for Mogli to return and was praying to God to keep him safe (as Mogli had a tendency to get lost in unknown places easily).

But in some time, God heard her prayers, as Mogli entered along with Neil. Avni came rushing towards them.

"Aise bina batae kaha chala gaya tha tu? Maine mana kiya tha na tujhe?"

"Okkay lady don aise bichare ko daantna band karo"

"Kyun na daantu? Aur waise bhi, tumhe kya? Agar mera beta kahi kho jae to tum bhi aakar sirf mere upar raub jharoge, aur kuch nahi karoge 😡"