Chapter 13 - Flashback

Hey guys, I am really really really sorry for this much delay, and I know I deserve all the rotten tomatoes and chappal, but trust me I was very busy with my office work and also my health is not going well since the last few months. So after office, I usually take rest.

But, well, I am now back and here's your next chapter. If you have forgotten the plot, do read the last chapter once more. And I am really really sorry for this delay.

Let's start the story now.

That Afternoon

Neil and Avni had brought Mogli to a nearby park, as Neil wanted to spend some more time with his son, but in the presence of Avni ofcourse.

Avni never protested, rather she was happy that Neil and Mogli were finally coming close. She was frightened at first that Mogli might never accept Neil, but slowly that gap was filling, and Mogli was slowly getting close to his father.

Avni was sitting in the bench, watching the father-son duo playing on the swing. Neil was pushing the swing for Mogli, and the ten-year old was screaming his lungs out. After sometimes, Neil noticed Avni was lost in her thoughts. So he asked Mogli to play with other kids who were playing cricket nearby, and came to sit near Avni.

Avni was so deeply lost in her thoughts that she did not realise Neil's presence. Somehow Neil knew what she was thinking. So, he called her name, which broke her stance. But before she could say anything, Neil spoke up.

Neil: "Main jaanta hun tum kya soch rahi ho"

Avni did not say anything, just looked at him blankly. Understanding her eagerness to hear him out, Neil continued.

Neil: "Actually, mujhe sab kuch kal hi pata chala. Main tumhe sab batata hun. But please beech me hi react mat karna. Pahale pura sun lo, phir tumhare jo bhi sawal honge unka jawab main dunga."

Avni nodded in acceptance, and jestured him to continue. So, Neil started narrating everything that happened last day.

Flashback (It starts when Avni asks Neil to join back the police force and Neil rushed out of the room after saying NO)

When Avni asked Neil to join back the police force, he was really confused. Avni had unknowingly touched a very heavy string in his heart. Neil had always loved his duty. For him, his duty was above everything.

But somehow after Avni's death, he could not control his emotions, and got lost in his own mind's trap. When he was told to take rest at home and not come to duty, he genuinely felt very bad about it. But he knew the rules, so he could not protest.

Every day, when he used to meet Dr. Mehra for counselling, he used to ask his chances for returning to the police force. And Dr. Mehra used to smile and say - "Jis din tumhara mental awareness score 100% aa jaega, us din main khud tumhe recommend karunga 😊".

But that day never came. At least till now. Well, today was another day when he was going to meet Dr. Mehra, and somehow he had a gut feeling that something good is going to happen today. He was very relaxed and calm today, and as Dr. Mehra always says, calm patients do really well in this test.

When he entered Dr. Mehra's cabin, it was evident that he has had some visitors before Neil. Also, today Dr. Mehra was behaving a bit more friendly towards him.

Dr. Mehra: Come Neil my boy I was waiting for you only. Kuch jyada hi lambi chutti nahi le li tumne?

Neil: Sorry uncle, main aapko sab batata hun.

Dr. Mehra: Accha baad mein batana pahale ye bharo.

And he placed the mental awareness test booklet in front of Neil.