Chapter 14 - Flashback Part 2

The chapter is a continuation of the previous chapter. The Flashback is still continuing.

Neil was so excited to get started at work, that he decided to take charge right then and there. But he had some plan in his mind.

Neil: Sir, main ek request karun?

Commissioner: Ha bolo Neil.

Neil: Sir, main abhi se kaam start karna chahta hun, lekin officially nahi. Officially main next month se hi join karunga. Lekin filhal main meri team se unofficially milna chahta hun, and agar ho sake to kuch important case files dekhna chahunga. Isse mujhe kaam ko samajhne me madad milegi.

Commissioner: Sure, go ahead!

Neil: Thank you sir.

After some more casual discussions, Neil bid good bye to Commissioner and came back to his car. Right now, he had only one thought in his mind - Avni.

He wanted to talk to Avni right now. He took out his phone and saw that Avni had already sent him around 15 messages. So, he opened WhatsApp and was going to send reply to Avni when he heard someone talking nearby, the voice was quite familiar. So, Neil kept his phone back and started looking around for the source of the voice.

On going a few steps further, he saw Aman, stading near a tea stall, and talking on his phone. One particular word stuck Neil's ear - "Kamini Kapoor".

Neil wanted to know more about the conversation, mainly because he had heard the discussion between Avni and Shaysha in the morning. So, he took his position behind a nearby tree, so that Aman cannot see him. He was able to hear the words clearly from there.

Aman: "Ji ji, are maine kaha to ma'am ko tension lene ki koi jaroorat nahi hai. Mere rahate Mrs. Kamini Kapoor ko koi chu bhi nahi sakta. Bus aap ma'am se kaha dijiega isbar paise thore jyada chahie".

Neil was beyond shocked to hear that. He had never expected Aman to betray him like this. He was feeling ashamed of himself, that he had recommended him to the IPS panel. Also, he was worried for Avni.

But one thing he could not figure out. Who is this ma'am? Until now, he thought that Kamini was all alone. But now it seemed that someone more powerful was controlling her. Kamini was basically a part of a racket. But who are these people. And what do they do? He needed to find answers to all these questions. So, he decided to follow Aman.

Aman was going towards the Mahabaleshwar highway. Neil kept following him from a distant. After driving for around 15 kms, Aman stopped at a small dhaba. It was around 3 pm in the afternoon. Neil also stopped at a small tea stall that was situated just beside the dhaba.

Aman was apparently waiting for someone. At around 3:15 pm, a black scorpio came and halted in front of the dhaba. Two men, both wearing black jackets and sunglasses got down from the car.

Neil was stunned to see one of those two men, as he looked exactly like KK. The only difference was his eye color. This man had blue eyes, and KK had black. Otherwise, this man was a photocopy of KK. Neil was sure that he was related to Kamini Kapoor.

They entered the dhaba and went straight to Aman. They talked for about 5 mins, gave a small bag to Aman and left. After a few minutes, Aman came back to his jeep.

Neil also came back to his car, and saw that Aman has started to go back towards Mumbai. After that Aman went straight to his police station.

Flashback Ends