Chapter 11 - Avni's Promise, Neil's Denial

Neil and Avni came inside his room and as if on some cue, Neil shut and locked the door behind them. But Avni did not notice it as what she saw inside the room was nothing short of a shock to her.

The entire room was re-painted in her favorite shades. She remembered once she had complained to Bebe that she do not like the color of her room, yes it was her room at that time. Bebe had laughed out loud at her complaint and asked her to give a list of her favorite paint shades and next time they will paint the room in those colors only.

But she could not stay long enough to see that materialise at that time. Now when she saw it, she felt weired emotions, as she clearly remembered that when she had entered the room last time, it was still the same as before.

She was just thinking about all these things when she felt a light pat on her shoulders. So she turned back to face Neil.

"Kya dekh rahi ho?" 😏 (Neil said smirking)

"Umm.. kuch nahi bass deeware... acchi lag rahi hai..."

"Ohh" (Avni did not notice but he smirked again 🤭)

"Waise tumhe mujhse kuch kahana tha kya?"

"Haan!!"

"Haan... To... Kya😏?"

He came a bit closer to her, and Avni could sense his closeness so she became slightly nervous

"Woh...Kal raat ko Mogli ka khyal rakhne ke lie thank you"

"😊 Issme thank you ki kya baat hai? Wo mera bhi beta hai"

"Haan par maine tumhe pahale inform nhi kiya tha, aise hi achanak se bol diya, so thank you"

"Waise ek baat batao, tum itni subah subah gayi kaha thi? I mean...all okay?"

Avni was going to say something, when suddenly her phone started ringing. She took it out of her purse and saw Shaysha was calling her. Neil also saw the same, and said:

"Tum baat karlo, main washroom se aata hun"

"Haan"

Avni picks up the call.

"Hello Jaan didi, main aapko kab se try kar rahi thi but not reachable aa raha tha"

"Ohhh.. Kyun kya hua Saysha sab theek hai na?"

"Kuch theek nahi hai Jaan di. Mujhe abhi abhi pata chala ki Kamini Kapoor kal riha hone wali hai"

"Kya? Par kaise?"

"Paisa Jaan di, unhone sabko paise de die. Police ne unke khilaf koi saboot pesh hi nahi kiya."

"Ye kya kaha rahi ho tum? Ye kaise ho sakta hai?"

"Aisa hi hua hai Jaan di. Accha main aapko baad me call karti hun. Lagta hai KK aa raha hai"

Neil heard their conversation from behind, and he somewhat knew what the matter was.

On the other hand, Avni was completely devastated. She was living freely for a few days as she knew that Kamini was behind the bars. But if she gets released, then she will again try to harm her and the kids. And this time, she will not let her do any harm. In her mind, she made a promise to herself, that she will fight Kamini bravely this time, just like she fought Dayawanti in the past.

When Neil came out of the washroom, Avni quickly wiped her tears and gave a fake smile to him.

N - "Mere saamne aise fake smile karne ki zaroorat nahi. Bahate pani me bhi tumhare ansoo pahachan leta hun main."

A - "🙂, sayad mere life me bus ye paanch din hi shaanti ke likhe the. Kal phirse Kamini bahar aa jaegi".

N - "Actually, Mitali kyunki yaha se transfer ho gayi hai, to is case ko wo naya ACP handle kar raha hai. Use main theek se jaanta bhi nahi, abhi teen din pahale hi aya hai. So, sayad usine kuch kiya ho".

A - "Tumne sab sun liya? Waise ab kya fayda, jo hona tha wo to ho gaya na Neil. Waise bhi ye kanoon and ye System to hamesha se hi paise ki hi jageer rahi hai. Main to bachpan se hi ise jhelti aa rahi hoon. Sirf ek tum hi the jo..."

Avni stopped abruptly, on realising what she was going to say. Neil anyways understood it. But he didn't answer.

After a long silence, Avni mustered a lot of courage and spoke the words that she actually wanted to tell him this morning.

A - "N...Neil"

N - "Haan"

A - "Kya tum sachme kabhi police force join nahi karna chahate ab?"

She was frightened, as Neil's reaction could be anything, so her voice was very low, but Neil could clearly hear it.

But opposite to her expectation, Neil actually did not react at all. He was just standing still for sometime, and then finally said:

"No"

And then, Neil straight away opened the door of the room and went away from there.

Happy New Year Everyone!

This is just a transition chapter, but as promised, the next chapter will be important and will come with a major surprise and revelation. Before that, I am giving you a task. So, I had said that the three revelations would be on Neil, Aman and Neela. Neil is already done. Who's next? Guess it and write to me via comments.