Chapter 13

CW: content related to bdsm, wax play, blood, etc.

The admiration and heated desire Julien had for his guard at the Capillary hadn't dissipated as he'd thought on their journey back to the estate. Nor did it fade away when Julien called for the human Dom for a night of sex and feeding. The human, who went by the alias, Kane, wasn't someone Julien regularly sought out. Kane had a ruthless and intense energy that rivaled a vampire's, one that Julien wouldn't put past him if he had a weird fascination for consuming blood.

But besides his intimidating aura and ability to quell Julien's insatiable desires, Kane had similar features to Rowan. With dark hair and sharp features, in the haze of feeding and sex, Julien could almost picture his guard beside him. Well, a more emotive and carefree one.

While Julien enjoyed sex and feeding with Kane, the buildup to those events made Julien reach out to him. Something about his domineering foreplay spelled the perfect distraction from Julien's racing thoughts. Under Kane's thumb, he could forego those silly fantasies of his guard, even if just for a night.

Kane started with light sensory play, utilizing the ropes he used later as restraints to tease Julien's skin. He dragged it down his bare stomach, pinning Julien's legs beneath his as his hands gripped his dirty blonde hair.

Julien hissed and flashed his fangs as Kane's fingers scoured his scalp before tracing the crook of Kane's neck. "At least give me a taste first."

"Patience," Kane chided, gripping Julien's wrists and bringing it above his head. With ease, he slipped the rope around his wrists, securing it to the bedposts. "You know how this works."

"I'm hungry," Julien said. "Feed me."

Kane shushed him with a bruising kiss against his neck; his body flushed with the prince. If Julien wanted to, he could lean forward and take his neck in his mouth for a feed, but with Kane in charge, Julien knew better than to take what he wanted. He'd have to wait patiently and eventually be rewarded with whatever he desired.

Kane moaned against the base of his throat, sending goosebumps down Julien's chest. He parted, lifting his wrist to the prince. "Only a little. Save some for the main event."

Julien couldn't disagree with that, knowing the feeling of feeding from a mortal was a hundred times more satisfying while having sex. He slipped his fangs into the tender wrist, gulping down Kane's blood for as long as possible. He almost whimpered as Kane pulled away, silently urging Julien to close the wounds. He did so slowly, wondering how much trouble he'd be in if he got a second taste, but Kane could almost read his thoughts, pinching his stomach before Julien could convince himself the punishment was worth it.

Julien hoped that it would've elicited a reaction from his guard, but he remained there beside the dresser as stoic as ever. Either way, he knew Rowan was still observing and analyzing every move; he'd interfere when he knew it was needed. And yet, Julien wished he'd interfere a little too early, a sign that maybe it was bothering him more than he thought.

Kane blocked his view of his guard before he could let any fantasy get wilder than necessary, reaching for the candle on the bedside table. "I was thinking something a little more heated."

"Wax play?" A curious smirk danced on his face. "You've never done that before. You sure you're qualified?"

Kane raised a brow. "Don't trust me, prince? That's not how this works."

Julien gripped the restraints on his wrist. "Wouldn't want them to murder you for using the wrong type of wax, would we?"

"Rest assured; this wax will only sting a little."