Chapter 23 - The Kiss

The news for the potential date with Luke wasn't something that I could squeal to Cam about, since she was crushing on Luke too. But I needed an outlet.

So, I messaged Mason.

Aria: Guess what? Guess what?!

Mason: What? What?

Aria: I think Luke just asked me out.

Aria: Well, he didn't ask me. Kinda told me.

Mason: Seriously? How did that happen?

I texted him the whole story, while Mason listened (read) patiently.

Mason: Wow. I'm impressed Luke managed to score so high. I knew something was up when Mrs. Lane asked him to step out.

Aria: I know right!

Mason: I know you can't tell but I'm fangirling as much as I can while holding on to my masculinity.

I laughed out loud. Then I slumped on my bed and squealed into my pillow.

Luke asked me out! Luke asked me out!

Suddenly I sat up. What was I going to wear? My closet was full of sweatshirts and t-shirts. Luke had asked me to dress casually. But did I really want to wear a bland t-shirt and jeans to my first date?

My mind immediately conjured Cam's disgusted face in response. Yeah, that's a no.

I had another option but it was an abhorrent one. And that was to snoop into Venus' room.

I walked across the hallway, my heart thudding painfully. I knew for a fact that my sister was super messy and my highly organized self had been avoiding her room ever since she left two years ago. I had tried to keep the house clean and tiny as much as I could but I had no idea what state Venus' bedroom was in.

I wasn't surprised when I opened her door.

There were clothes strewn about, on her bed, on the ground, piled up on her desk chair. Her vanity was overflowing with leftover makeup items. I tried not to look to closely but I thought there was a bunch of hair in her comb too.

Averting my eyes to maintain my sanity, I maneuvered around the disarray and made for her closet hoping that at least things were clean in there. By her standards, the closet was organized. I could have done a much better job, obviously.

Of course, most of her clothes made my face heat up. There was no way I was ever wearing such flimsy and tiny clothes. I wondered what Luke would think if I did show up in something skimpy. Probably choke on his own spit.

I grinned in anticipation. I couldn't wait for the next day.

In the end I selected a white top with billowing sleeves with the jeans I had worn to the football game along with some strappy flats I dug up out of Venus' closet

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

In the end I selected a white top with billowing sleeves with the jeans I had worn to the football game along with some strappy flats I dug up out of Venus' closet.

The Best Friend Equationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें