eleven

the wedding festivities were splendid. Felicity got to talk to all the Princesses and Ladies of the surrounding lands.

"Is it hard, being a queen?" She asked Belle, who was having her turn talking to the newlywed girl.

"No, once you have a kind environment around you then it will be well." She said, looking at Eric from across the room. Felicity followed her gaze and a smile creeped on her face uncontrollably looking at her husband.

"I get you. I'm still a bit nervous, Belle."

"Do not fret, if you ever need advice, send a letter to me or any of us ladies and we will surely help you." Belle said, reassuring the girl by placing a kind hand on her upper arm. Felicity was awed by Belle's kindness.

"Thank you, Belle." She said, Belle nodded and dismissed herself. Felicity sighed and made her way over to the men. Resting her head on Eric's arm, he smiled at her dearly.

She'd caught the attention of Belle's husband and wanted to give him a good word for her.

"You have been most lucky, Eric. That girl there is beauty." He heard her say.

"Oh, Your Highness, you are lucky too. I don't think I've ever met someone as smart and as kind as Belle. And she truly meets her name, as beauty is another of her qualities inside and out." She said. The man smiled greatly. Eric hummed beside her.

Prince Charming started talking and she remembered how kind Ella was. She also wanted to give good words but felt she was being too much. She departed from Eric and went to find her mother.

It took her a while, but she found her outside sitting on a ledge in the garden, very cold.

"Oh, mother!" Felicity said, running up to her. It was clear she had been crying, by the puffiness and redness in her face.

"Why do you cry?" She asked.

"You're not my little girl anymore. You have flourished into a woman, a wife. And I am beyond proud of you, my dear. Please stay kind to yourself and everyone around you."

"Mama, you'll catch your death out here, come on.." Felicity said, feeling tears of cold prick her eyes.

Her mother huffed and continued preaching.

"I know you will make a good queen, because you know what us people need. And I know you will be able to suffice any trouble, because you are strong willed and good-hearted. And Eric will help you settle into your new life." She said. Felicity's cold tears fell and soon dried in the night cold.

"Mama, please, you'll get sick. I will listen to you inside." She didn't even know if her mother was aware of her. She was just projecting her most inner thoughts to the moon and her daughter. Felicity let go of her mother's arm and wiped her eyes, looking for either Alastor or Eric.

Scanning every inch of the venue, her tears making it hard to see, she couldn't find either of them. Walking out to the hallways and into drawing rooms, she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I am so sorry!" She said, wiping her eyes quickly.

"Felicity? What's the matter?" Eric said, an incredibly worried tone evident in his voice.

"Eric! Oh Eric! It's Mama, she won't come in and she's crying and she's scaring me.... Eric, I don't want her getting sick.." She told her husband. Eric held her and rubbed her back until she'd settled. Then, they went to bring in her mother, who was frozen.

They sat her in front of the fire in the hall. She sat there, swirling her drink around in circles, saying nothing. Alastor was nowhere to be found and it made Felicity nervous.