sixteen

nine whole months had passed, and Felicity was ready to pop. Eric was taking extra cautious care of her. Sometimes, he wouldn't even let her wave her finger. It made her adore him, but it also annoyed her some days.

One evening, she was having dinner with Eric and all was well. They got up from the table when Felicity felt something trickle softly down her leg. She gasped lightly and met the drip at her ankle. It was clear to her what was happening.

"Eric..." She said. He looked at her, fear flooding his eyes.

"What? Is everything okay?" He asked, running over to his wife's side immediately.

"I think it's time, Eric." She said. The fear only got worse when she said this.

"Wha- Now? You mean now is the time?" He panicked, holding her lower back.

"Yes, now please go and get the doctor. And do not panic- Ah!" She screamed as a searing pain shot through her system. Eric didn't know what to do. He just ran for Grimsley.

"She's... having her baby now." He panted.

"Oh jolly good, now you, you calm down, she needs you to be there for her. Now, let's go." He said, calming the Prince. They both retrieved the doctors and found her in the hallways, clinging to the walls.

"It's getting worse, Eric!" She cried, flinging her arms around him. He was surprised she didn't tear his shoulders off she was gripping that hard.

"It's okay, It's okay."  Eric said. They got her onto a bed and took her maternity clothes off  and left her in her nightwear. Sweat was already pouring out of her when she saw the doctors equipment.

"Now, My Lady, are you ready to push?" She asked, from in-between her legs. The woman could only nod her head. Using all her strength, she pushed and pushed until her hair stuck to  her head.

"That's it, my love, that's it." Eric said from beside her, taking her hand and rubbing it. He gasped loudly as she squeezed it, nearly breaking every bone in his hand.

Felicity continued to push and scream until her lungs gave out. Baby was nearly here, but all was left was the head.

"Now, one last push and baby will be yours, come on!" The doctor cheered, holding the tiny body. Felicity squeezed her eyes shut and Eric's hand went white. Relief. Relief flooded her body. Then a wail rung out in the room, making Felicity sob.

She'd done it. She'd had a baby. Her own child. With Eric by her side, like he promised.

He kissed her sweaty head, reminding her of if how well she'd done. The doctor had the bundle of joy in a warm wrap of blankets.

"It's a girl, congratulations." They took the baby and smiled heartily at her.

"Evelyn." Was all Felicity could say. She felt so overjoyed.

"Is that her name?" Eric asked. His wife nodded then looked at him.

"Is that what you want to name her? I never asked you, I'm sorry-"

"Evelyn is the most beautiful name I could think of." Eric said, kissing her forehead again. Their baby, now named Evelyn, cooed and reached her little finger out, just like Dodie did a few months ago.

"Well done, you did it." Eric said, rubbing Evelyn's forehead gently.

"We did it. I couldn't have done it on my own, that's for sure." She said, kissing him. They were proud parents now.

Felicity was the sun, Eric was the moon and now Evelyn was one of their many stars.

             .....

hi!!!

first of all,

I would love to start by saying THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE 🫶🏼🫶🏼

also I'm sorry that chapter was so short I didn't know what else to do.

love you all and will keep writing this book 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

tell your friends you love them and tpwk, I'll see you soon 🩷