𝒗𝒊. 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬

"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒗𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒆"

Athena strolled into the Salvatore boarding house, her eyes searching for Vicki. A smile lit up her face when she spotted the girl seated in the dining room with Stefan.

However, her smile waned as she noticed Elena sitting beside Stefan. When her eyes landed on Athena from across the room, Vicki immediately addressed her, "Athena, I'm so glad you're here. Stefan is boring me with vampire talk. Did you get the ring?"

Athena nodded as she approached Vicki. She has been trying her best to help her since her transition. Dealing with Vicki's stubbornness wasn't easy, but they had reached and understanding.

"Yeah, I did, but I still need to figure out this spell," Athena replied as she took a seat beside Vicki, who groaned but waited for her to continue.

Athena dug into her purse and retrieved the ring and a sheet of paper. "Meanwhile, here are the rules. Break any of them, and I'll deactivate the ring. I would read through them thoroughly if I were you."

Vicki eyed the paper, filled with about fifty different rules. Athena remained steadfast, and Vicki finally sighed, "Ugh, fine. I have to pee first. Wait why do I have to be? I thought I was dead."

Stefan pointed her to the bathroom, and Vicki walked away. He sighed, and Athena felt the awkward tension in the air. "I'll, um... I'll get her some more," Stefan announced as he took up Vicki's glass.

Elena nodded, while Stefan left the room, ignoring the look that Athena gave him. She really didn't want to be left alone with the Gilbert girl.

"So.." 

"Please don't talk."

"Okay."

Elena immediately closed her mouth after that and got up and started walking around. Athena ignored her presence as she went on her phone. Vicki had walked back into the room and Elena had said something to her but Athena drowned out their voices as she texted Caroline back.

Suddenly, Vicki slammed her phone on the table, grabbing Athena's attention.  "Oh really? And how long have you been preparing the you're not good enough speech? I assume it predates the whole vampire thing," Vicki lashed out at Elena.

"All I'm saying is Jeremy is not getting involved in any of this. I mean it, Vicki." Elena retorted, making Athena scoff. It was typical of Elena to make decisions for others.

"Or what?" Vicki challenged, moving closer to Elena. Elena stood her ground, narrowing her eyes at the girl.

Athena smirked as Vicki wrapped her hand around Elena's neck, pushing her against the wall. She took a step closer though, ready to intervene if things got out of hand. Despite not liking the girl, she couldn't ignore Vicki's threats.