𝒙𝒊. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐛

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐛

"𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑖𝑒...."

Athena sat on the couch, her phone clasped in hand, engaged in conversation with Tyler. "I told you I'm fine. I wasn't feeling well so I just stayed at Bonnie's," she reassured him, her patience wearing thin after his persistent inquiries about her well-being.

"You can't disappear without telling anyone. My mom was worried." Tyler's concern lingered in his voice, prompting Athena to release a sigh. "Just forget it. You're still coming to Duke's party tonight, right?" he inquired, and Athena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion then quickly realized that today was in fact the day of Duke's party.

"I'm not sure," she replied, her uncertainty met with a thoughtful hum from Tyler."I gotta go but I'll see you," she told him and Tyler said goodbye before ending the call. Athena rubbed her head, feeling the small band aid on her forehead, then rose to join the others in the kitchen.

"I'll open the tomb," she heard Sheila say, causing her eyes to widen. She walked into the kitchen, but no one noticed her sudden presence. "You get your brother's girl and destroy the rest with fire. Then this will be all over."

"Fuck no," Athena interjected firmly, directing her gaze squarely at Sheila, drawing the attention of the room. "You're not as strong as you were back then. What happens if something goes wrong, and you end up dead? Bonnie and I need you."

The genuine concern in Athena's eyes elicited a smile from Sheila but she still remained firm. "I might be old, but I'm not that old. I can handle opening the tomb," she reassured, her words directed to Athena and Bonnie.

Bonnie nodded, leaving Athena with no choice but to agree to the plan. She glanced at Stefan and Elena for help, but the two seemed to agree with Sheila. Athena huffed in frustration, shaking her head.

"If you die..."

"I won't."

Athena hesitated briefly before conceding. "Fine, but I'm not gonna stick around to watch," Athena told her before storming off. She could only hope that she wouldn't regret it.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

Athena's laughter filled the air as Tyler spun her around amidst the lively atmosphere of Duke's party. It was a rare moment of carefree enjoyment for her, being with Tyler and relishing the party vibe.

Accepting the solo cup Tyler handed her, brimming with beer, she grinned in anticipation. "Ready?" he asked, and she nodded eagerly. They downed their drinks in sync and was met with cheers from the surrounding crowd.