𝒙. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 - 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝

"𝐶𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛."

To say that Sheila was aggravating Athena would be an understatement. Athena repeatedly attempted to enlist her help in reclaiming her magic, but Sheila always seemed ironically preoccupied—never too busy, however, to explain a trivial spell to Bonnie.

"Did you hear me?" Tyler interrupted, halting Athena's train of thought. She turned to Tyler, who walked beside her, and shook her head. Tyler sighed, playfully shaking his head. "I said you look good, by the way," he informed her.

Athena smiled as they finally walked into the dance. It was a decade dance, themed around the 1950s. "Thanks, Ty. You look good too."

Tyler thanked her and then left to meet up with his other friends. Athena scanned the room and spotted Caroline dancing with Bonnie. "Hey, girls. You two look absolutely amazing," she complimented as she joined them on the dance floor.

"You're one to talk!"

"Says you!"

They all smiled as they danced together. A few minutes later, Caroline pulled them off the dance floor to get some punch. They reached the punch table, where Jeremy, who was on punch duty, smiled as he handed each of them a cup.

Bonnie and Caroline walked away, but Athena lingered for a few seconds. Once they were out of earshot, she retrieved a flask from her purse and handed it to Jeremy, "Fruit punch tastes ten times better with vodka." She winked at him, causing Jeremy to nod and cautiously spike the punch.

Athena grinned and then followed after Bonnie and Caroline. She found them talking with Elena and sighed. "-then I have to learn to tolerate Damon. It's not like I can kill him," Athena overheard Elena say as she approached them.

"There's a thought."

"Mm, I'll help."

"Count me in," Athena chimed in as she joined them. Bonnie and Caroline smirked and bumped their cups with Athena's. Athena downed her cup and then headed back to the dance floor.

As Athena headed towards the dance floor, the lively tempo of the music shifted to a slower melody. With a roll of her eyes, she entertained the notion of leaving, only to feel a gentle tug on her hand. Turning, she found Stefan smiling at her. "May I have this dance?"

Despite her reluctance to slow dance, Athena agreed. Her hands found their place around his neck, while his settled comfortably on her waist, maintaining a respectful distance between them.

Silence enveloped them until Stefan, weary of the quiet, broke it. "There's another vampire in town, and he's after Elena," he divulged, unsure how else to disrupt the quietude. Athena groaned inwardly at the news.