𝐬 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

18 ᵒⁿᵉ ᵈⁱʳᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ

i have loved you since we were 18

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵗᵃᵍʳᵃᵐ

"MAX? WHERE ARE YOU?" landos shouts echoed through the apartment, his eyes searching for his best friend and he dragged his luggage behind him.

"lando!" max ran into the hallway happily, attacking the driver in a tight hug. "well done on your race, mate!"

lando had just arrived home from the first race of the season where he'd secured a steady 5th place. regardless of the lingering feeling that he could have done better, deep down he tried to accept that it was a good result considering mclaren hadn't looked too good at pre-season testing.

"is veevee still here?" lando asked, peering past max to try spot the younger girl.

"what so you can drool over her even more?" max said with a laugh, only getting a middle finger as lando walked past him into the kitchen.

"no she isnt, she left yesterday, you just missed her. she wanted to stay until you came home but she has a photoshoot in italy tomorrow." max explained as she trailed behind his best mate.

lando hummed in response, flicking on the kettle and pulling a cadburys mini egg mug out the cupboard. 

"so... wanna tell me why i walked into ivys room on saturday morning to find her fast asleep with her phone on a facetime call to 'lan with a pregnant man emoji'?"

lando gulped. he should have seen this conversation coming. "oh uh- we were calling to talk about modelling contracts and we fell asleep on call i guess." he explained with a shrug on his shoulders.

"you guess?" max asked incredulously. "you guess you fell asleep on call with her? whats next "i guess i slipped my tongue down her throat?" his voice was raising by the second.

"well what do you want me to say? i guess ive been in love with her since we were seven? i guess shes the reason i cant have a long term stable relationship because i cant fucking get her out of my head? what the fuck do you want from me?" lando shouted, while max sat in shock.

"you- what? what?"

"shit." lando cursed, resting his forehead in his hands. "im sorry mate, i shouldnt have shouted at you i-"

"is that true?" max asked, looking up from his seat to face lando. "what you just said, was any of that true?"

landos face faltered. "well- i mean- um- i-"

"lando." max said sternly. "yes or no question. was that true?"

"y-yes."

maxs face softened as he looked at the island counter into of him in shock. "i-wow. since we were seven? god thats like-"

"thirteen. thirteen years, and counting." lando butted in, nodding his head slowly.

"why didnt you tell me?" max asked softly.