Three

Recap;

Leon Vance Pov

I nod slowly and was about to say something else, but was cut of by the door opening. Gibbs walked in and said, "Why am I here Leon, I am busy." He just then noticed that Karen was here. "Who is she?" He asked me pointing at her.

"Karen meet Agent Gibbs, Agent

Gibbs meet Karen DiNozzo."

--

Karen's pov

"What?!" This Gibbs guy exclaimed as he looked back at me. This guy had gray/white hair and really blue eyes. "Has this been confirmed?"

"Not yet by DNA, but she has a picture and she claims she has more stuff." Lean told Gibbs. Gibbs looked a little shocked, but quickly went back to a blank expression, just like he had when he walked in. "Does DiNozzo know about this?"

This is when I decided to speak up, "No he doesn't." Gibbs looked at me and stepped closer to me. "Is this some kind of joke?" I looked down at my feet and mumbled, "I wish it was."

"Where is your mother?" I felt tears in my eyes again and I found the courage to look up at him. "S-she died a little over a week ago. One of her last w-words were that there was a box underneath her bed containing stuff about my dad and that is why I am here," I felt tears stream down my cheeks, "So, no, this isn't some kind of joke, this is a 16 year old girl trying to find a place where it feels like home."

Gibbs took a step back and scanned my face for any signs of lying. "Karen." A voice behind Gibbs said. We both looked at Vance. "We would like to take your DNA for confirmation." I nod slowly, "And also, Agent DiNozzo is send out on a solo mission in Europe for a couple of months." I nod slowly and whipped my cheeks. "Do you have any place where you can stay?"

"... Uh, I dunno, a hotel maybe?"

"Where did you come from?" Vance asked. "Manhattan, New York. I kind of got here with a fake ID." I mumbled the last part considering they are agents. Gibbs chuckled while Vance looked at me disapprovingly. ''But you are not staying at a hotel.'' Gibbs said, ''You're staying at my place. You're coming with me now, tomorrow we will do the whole DNA thing. Just get some rest now. You look tired.''

''You sure about this Gibbs?'' Vance asked him.

''Yes, Leon I am sure.''

''Is that okay with you Karen?''

''It is not like I have any other choice.''

--

After that Gibbs and I left and we went straight to his car. We got in and I decided to ask my questions. ''Don't you have to inform your team? Why are you helping me? Don't we have to inform my dad?'' There was a silence and I was getting impatient. I was about to speak when Gibbs sighed and spoke up, ''My team is doing their job, I am helping you because you have nowhere to go and we aren't going to inform your dad because he has to stay focused on his mission.'' He stopped for a moment, ''And now it is my turn to ask some questions.''

''Oh god.''

''But those can wait until we arrive at my place.''

After a couple more minutes of silence we arrived and what I assumed was his place. He got my suitcase out of the trunk as I got out of the car, taking in my surroundings. ''Come on.'' I heard Gibbs say, snapping me out of my thoughts. I walked up to him and we both went to the front door, he opened the door and we got in. I slowly walked in after him, looking around. ''Hmm, old-fashioned, nice.''

''You're the first one to say that.'' He chuckled and I didn't know if it was sarcasm or not. ''Come on.'' He said, yet again, motioning for me to follow him. I went after him, walking up the stairs, and we got into a room which looked like it was his. ''This is where you will be staying.'' He told me and I turned to look at him. ''Isn't this your room?''

''Yes, but I sleep on the couch.''

''Always?'' He nod and set my suitcase down. ''Why?''

''To many memories.''

What happened that doesn't want to make him stay in his room?

I just decided to brush it off, maybe he will tell me later.

We both went back downstairs and he sat down on the couch while I just stood in the middle of the room. ''Aren't you going to sit?'' He asked me. ''Right..'' I muttered and sat down next to him, keeping my distance. ''Soo..'' He said trailing off. ''Sooo, what?'' I asked. ''What made a teenage girl want to find her dad so badly? And I want the full version.'' I sighed and decided to just trust this man and tell him the whole story. I felt like I needed to tell someone who looks like it from another point of view.

''1.5 years ago my mother, Elsa Cranston, was diagnosed with lung cancer, she had smoked in her teenage years, but it couldn't be because of that. My mother worked as a engineer they thought that it was caused by something at work. Anyways they had the ability to help her for 1.5 year, but then it all got to much. She slowly started to slip away and she had been hospitalized for the last 3 and a half weeks of her life. She died on the 13th of August at 2:38 PM. Her last words were that there was a box with information about my dad underneath the bed and that she loved me.'' I didn't notice I was crying until I felt teardrops on my hand, ''My aunt took me to our place and I grabbed the box from underneath the bed and some other stuff, the rest of our stuff is in a storage that my aunt pays for. My aunt took me in to life with her husband and my 6 year old cousin, but it just didn't feel like home. So I decided to do some research with help of this photo.'' I took the photograph out of my pockett and showed the back towards Gibbs. ''I used my laptop to look up T. DiNozzo and I found out that there was a cop at Metro PD from many years back who caught this rapist, murder guy and that his name was Anthony DiNozzo. I looked up some more and first found a man who looked old enough to be my grandfather and who knew all these rich people.''

''He is your grandfather.'' Gibbs told me cutting me off. I nod and continued, ''Soon enough I found an ariticle from one of your cases and about NCIS. After doing some research on that I looked my dad up on facebook, looked between his friends.. Anyway, I was given a fake ID about 8 months ago, but I never used it. Until now.'' I handed Gibbs my fake ID, ''I bought a plane ticket with some off the money I got from my mom. I left a note for my uncle and aunt. Took a cab in the middle of the night and flew of to DC. Took a cab towards NCIS and now I am here.'' I looked at Gibbs and he slowly nod and laid my fake ID down on the table. ''It was a brave thing of you to do this, but also stupid.'' He told me patting my knee. ''Yeah, I know, but I just had to know who my dad was.''

''You will, you are just going to life with me until your dad gets back. I will also call your aunt to inform her.'' I nod and smiled at him. ''Thanks Gibbs for doing this.''

''No problem, but I am going to sign you in for school soon enough.''

''Oh my god, not that hell hole.'' He just chuckled and was about to say something until his phone cut him off. He stood up and answered it. ''Yeah, McGee?''

The geeky guy from Facebook works for NCIS?

''Yeah, okay, I am on my way.'' He said hanging up, ''Change of plans, you're meeting the team. DNA happens today.'' He grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

''Come on.''