Seventeen

sORRY for not updating. I have been very ill, I'm actually still recovering. But here is the new chapter. I hope you enjoy!

//
RECAP

"Hello Tim, Gibbs." He waved at McGee and shook hands with Gibbs. "And who us this lovely young lady." He asked looking down at Karen who was still sitting in Gibbs' chair.

An awkward silence developed and glances were shared. "Is someone going to answer me?" Senior spoke as he looked around. Tony walked over to his dad and put a hand on his shoulder, "Dad, meet your granddaughter, Karen Cranston."

///

''My what?'' Senior asked. Mixed emotions where going through Karen, Tony and Senior. Senior felt confused and hurt that he didn't know while Karen felt like she was going to cry from nervousness. Her hands were slightly shaking as she tried to stay calm.

''Your granddaughter.'' Tony said slowly, raising a brow at his father waiting for a response.
Karen looked down at her hands and it became really quiet.

''Well that is amazing!'' Senior suddenly spoke, startling Karen. She looked at the older man with a confused look on her face while Tony looked at his dad in shock. Hell, even Gibbs was shocked. ''Junior, is this one of the things you never told me about.''

''I-I only found out a little while ago...'' Tony mumbled as his father walked around Gibbs desk to his granddaughter. He pulled the small blond up and grinned at her. ''This is amazing. I-I am a grandpa.'' His grin grew even more, ''I don't know if I should laugh or cry..'' He hugged Karen, who soon smiled and hugged her grandpa. He pulled back and put his hands onto her shoulders, ''It is truely amazing to meet you Karen.''

''Y-yeah it is nice to meet you to.'' A small smile was on Karen's face as she glanced at her dad who was grinning like a mad man.

''Well you all should probably get back to work. I will take Karen with me.''

''What?!'' Both Tony and Karen mumbled. ''Yes, Junior. I'm going to teach Karen my famous cooking. We will have an amazing meal ready for you when you get home.'' He grabbed Karen's leather jacket and helped the girl put it on. He hooked arms with the blond who was happy that she was going to spend time with him, but she was also a little in shock.

''I'll see you all later.'' She told them as she picked up her bag before being pulled away by Senior.

//

The pair walked around in the grocery store, Karen holding the basket. Senior was questioning her about her past and she honestly didn't mind. She also told him about her mom, which was a little hard for her, but he just put his arm around her shoulder for comfort and told her she didn't have to continue if she didn't want to. She just gave him a small smile at told him it was okay and continued her story.

''Okay were also going to need some eggs.'' Senior grabbed those and put them in the basket Karen was holding. ''What exactly are we going to make?'' Karen asked. ''That is also going to be a surprise for you. Just trust me on this.''

''I'm not sure if I should..'' Senior chuckled at this, ''You remind me so much of Junior.'' A smile appeared on Karen's face as they continued to walk through the store.

Suddenly a group of people laughed loudly behind them, startling Karen. She looked behind her, ''Oh my god not today..'' She pulled up the hood of her hoody, hoping not to be recognised. ''What?'' Senior looked confused as he looked behind him. ''You know them?''

''Sadly enough.''

''Cranston is that you?'' She rolled her eyes and turned around. ''Yeah, I knew it was you. I recognised that fine ass.'' Matthews and his goons came closer and they all had smirks on their faces. ''Thanks for the compliment.'' She retorted sarcastically. ''No problemo.'' His smirk grew, ''Who's this old man? Your grandpa?''

''No shit.'' She wasn't in the mood for his bullshit. Glares were exchanged and Senior was very confused. He thought that Matthews was an annoying little prick even after 5 seconds, but why bother talking to each other if you dislike each other so much.

''I suggest you leave.'' Senior spoke up. ''Why should we old man?''

''Because I see you don't like each other. So why even bother? Or maybe you have a little crush on my granddaughter.''

Matthews scoffed, ''Tch, course not.''

''Well it does look that way.'' Matthews glared at Senior as he pushed past them, motioning for his goons to follow him.

''Thanks.'' Karen spoke as they were out of sight. ''I meant what I said though.'' Senior said.

''What?''

''If you really don't like each other, why bother talking?''

This made Karen have mixed emotions, she just needed to figure out which ones she felt.

//

It was almost 7 PM and dinner was almost finished. Senior had almost set the whole kitchen on fire, but Karen prevented it just in time. Tony opened his front door and walked into his apartment, Gibbs following behind.

They both had predicted it would go wrong and Gibbs would have to take Karen to his place where they would eat take-out. But instead nothing was covered in smoke, no one was injured and it actually smelled good. ''Ah Junior, Gibbs.'' Senior walked up to them, wiping his dirty hands on a blue towel. ''I think we have enough food for you to join us Gibbs.''

''No, no.'' Gibbs mumbled walking backwards slowly, but what he didn't expect was for a pair of hands to appear on his back, pushing him towards the table. ''You're staying Gibbs.'' The small 5'3 frame now stood in front of him with a stern look on her face. ''Sit.'' She pointed at the chair making Gibbs raise a brow and sit down. Tony was pushed down into his chair by his father who had a twinkle of happiness in his eye.

''You men ready?'' Tony was a little nervous, expecting the food to be poisend as he nod slowly. ''Come on and help me Karen.''

After dinner was severed, they all started to eat. Both Gibbs and Tony were surprised by the taste of the food, it actually was... amazing. ''You're little girl is one hell of a cook, Junior. Be proud.''

''Oh I am proud of her.'' He grinned at his little girl, ''I really am.''