Chapter 39: Roke Na Ruke Naina

Next Morning...

Sana came downstairs with her packed suitcase. Everyone was controlling their emotions. Sana was not only the daughter-in-law of that family but she had become the soul of the family. How would they be able to say goodbye to her?

Sana went to Ashok Ji and touched her feet.

"Papa Ji, pehle hi din se aap ne mujhe apni Beti ki tarah treat kiya hai. Aap ki wajah se yaaha kabhi mujhe Baba ki kami mehsoos hi nahi hui. Aaj pehli baar aap ki Beti aap se kuch maang na chahti hai. Aap apna haath humesha mere sir ke upar rakhna." Sana said with teary eyes.

Ashok Ji smiled sadly and gave her blessings.

Then she went to Rita Ji who was not even looking at her and trying to avoid her.

"Mummy Ji...." Sana said to which she didn't response.

"Iss ghar mein sabse zyada pyaar mujhe aap ne diya hai. Iss ek saal mein bohut kuch sikhne ko mila mujhe aap se. Aaj jaate jaate ek baar mujhe gale se nahi lagayengi?"

Rita Ji was not saying anything but tears fell from both of their eyes.

Sana hugged her from behind. Rita Ji failed to stay angry with her. She turned and hugged her tightly.

"Main bhagwan se dua karungi ki tu jaha bhi rahe khush rahe." Rita Ji said in a crying voice.

After meeting Rita Ji, Sana went to Nandu who was already crying a lot.

"Bhabhi aap kyu jaa rahe ho?" Nandu asked crying.

"Kyu ki humara saath yaheen tak ka tha. Lekin tere chehre pe itni udaasi kyu? Tere chehre pe toh mujhe woh cute wali smile hi acchi lagti hai."

"Bhabhi, how can I smile when you are leaving us?"

"Uss mein kya hai? Tujhe bhi toh kuch saal baad humare ghar hi aana hai. Humara top secret, yaad hai na?" Sana said in a low voice.

Nandu smiled with her tears and nodded in yes.

Sana also smiled.

Then she started moving towards Karan and Sidharth.

"Bhai abhi bhi mauka hai. Don't let her go." Karan whispered but Sidharth didn't say anything.

"Bye Karan! Apna khayal rakhna aur Teju ka bhi." Sana said to which Karan nodded.

Then she looked at Sidharth and asked, "Chale Sidharth?"

"Haan.... Chalo." Sidharth said sadly.

They both started leaving. Sana stopped at the entrance and remembered the day she came here. Her grihapravesh, first rasoi, bond with all the family members everything was playing in front of her eyes.

"Kya hua?" Sidharth asked.

Sana wiped her tears and said, "Kuch nahi."

And they continued walking.

After sometime...

Sidharth stopped his car in front of a ice cream parlour.

"Tumne car kyu rok di?" Sana asked.

"Jaane se pehle aaj ka din hum saath mein spend kar sakte hai? For one last time?" Sidharth asked smiling sadly.

Sana also smiled sadly and nodded in yes.

They came out of the car and entered the ice cream parlour together.

"Two ice-cream please" Sana said standing at the counter.

"Which flavour Mam?" The boy asked.

"Vanilla." Sana said.

"Strawberry." Sidharth said.