Chapter 63 - The Reunion

***** Two Weeks Later *****

"Where is she?" Eleanor heard a deep voice ask out in the hallway and her eyes immediately started to tear up. She hadn't heard Henry's voice in so long that it made her suddenly emotional, but she had gotten emotional really easy here lately.

"She's in there in the bath, your highness," she heard the guard tell him.

Eleanor was laying in a hot bath with bubbles covering her entire body. The only parts of her that were visible were her head and arms.

Henry opened the door and immediately smiled when he saw her.

"We would like some privacy please," he told the two female attendants that were waiting on her. They both curtsied to him before hurrying out, shutting the door behind them.

Eleanor went to get out of the bath, but he said, "No, stay. I'll come in with you."

She laid back against the tub wall and watched as Henry stripped his clothes off, noticing that his body looked even more strong and toned than it had been before he left. He looked really good, better than he ever had.

He dipped his foot into the water of the large square bathtub that could easily have fit six people and slowly lowered himself down into the hot water.

He looked into her eyes, giving her a smile as he let out a sigh

He looked into her eyes, giving her a smile as he let out a sigh. "I've missed you so much," he whispered, gradually wading over closer to her.

"I've missed you too," she smiled.

She felt his hands skimming up her legs and moving higher up as he got closer and closer to her. His hands slid up past her hips and when they moved to her belly she saw his eyes widen in realization as his mouth fell open.

Before he could say anything, she smiled and said, "Congratulations Henry. You're going to be a father."

"What? Why didn't you tell me in your letters?" he asked, looking stunned.

"I wanted to wait until you were home to tell you the news in person. Are you happy?" she asked hesitantly.

He laughed and said, "Yes! Of course I am. I've never been happier."

He had the biggest smile on his face as he leaned in, giving her a long, hard kiss.

He pulled back and looked into her eyes. "I love you so much," he told her with red, watery eyes, cupping her face in his hands.

"I love you too," she whispered back, sniffling as her eyes filled with tears. She could tell he really was excited to be a father.

"Stand up so I can see your belly," he told her.

She grabbed the side of the bath and struggled to stand up so he held her arm and helped her up so that they were both standing there naked. It made her feel self-conscious because he was in such great shape and there she was, looking like she had swallowed a watermelon.