6. Who is he?

♡●♡●♡

"What is he like, Maman?" Asks Lorenzo and takes a bite of his food.

"Since he started his highschool, he changed. It's like that sweet boy went away and I got this back. Look, of course we had our fights in the past years, I mean, he's a teenager and his hormones change but he was still so sweet and took care of me when I had bad days. It's been hard, I miss your father so badly and seeing all those couples around me hurts me more than I thought. It's been years but it still feels so fresh, everytime it is a slap in the face." She says and a tear runs on her cheek.

"He was alone a lot, because I went away with friends. I needed to get out of the house because this only reminded me of him. So I do fun things with them and it's all getting better, and then I come home and have him screaming at me or he sits grumpy on the couch and says nothing or he snaps at me. This is not how I raised him and I don't know what happened but I don't agree with his attitude." Says Maman and Charles watches dinner.

It's good but he can't get a bite down his throat. They both tell a different story and he has no idea who to believe.

Arthur says Maman is always away and changed, that she left him alone in the dark. And Maman says that Arthur has changed a lot in the past few years.

"Arthur says you're away a lot. That he has to take care of everything with the house and financial stuff." Charles says and Maman her mouth fell open.

“What did that boy lie!” She says with shock on her facial expression.

"You both say a different story." Says Lorenzo and Maman looks at him. "It's really confusing." He continued and Maman shook her head.

"I will talk to him, because he can't do this. He's turning you against me. Now it looks like I'm a bad mother, but I'm not. I try so hard but he's been a lot, guys. If you only were here to see him, hearing what he screams at me."

"Is it so bad?" Asks Charles and their mother nods.

"He snaps at anyone who comes close. I can't even invite friends over anymore without being afraid that he won't make fun of me."

"You kidding me?" Asks Lorenzo and she shook her head.

"I wish I was."

"But that's not Arthur." Says Lorenzo.

"No, it's not and I don't know what is going on with him."

"It shows us that we are never here, or that we didn't even think about Arthur and to be there for him." Says Charles and Lorenzo looks at him.

"This is not your fault. Does he make you think that it is yours?" Asks Maman.

"He said that we didn't care about him all those years so we shouldn't do now." Answers Charles.

“Merde, that little shit.” She says and Charles looks at her.

"I will talk to him." She says and wants to stand up but Lorenzo stops her.

"He has a point. It's not like we have been there for him." He says

"You were busy!"

"But we could have answered a call or message from him." Says Charles.

"No, you were making something out of your life while he's been sitting here doing nothing." She says angry.

"He is busy learning for his future. He does a job next to it as well. And from what I have heard, he helps with the household, so I guess he's pretty busy." Says Lorenzo.

“Household?” She asks and Lorenzo nods.

"He helps me when I'm away. But I'm at home almost every day in the morning. What did he tell you?"